The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG 737 MSFS offset & Events

Hi Paul,

I saw a video off spadnext come by on youtube. He was showing how to interact with the pmdg look like same as on the P3D platform.

A got that also working as in the video. Afterward i thought maybe the old offset & events work also in FSUIPC.net dll unfortunately they do not work.

Is there somthing in the making for this. I need this for my home cockpit project.

Please let me now your thought about this.

Youtube link:

I don't know if the PMDG 737 Offsets work in FSUIPC7. @John Dowson will be able to tell you.

Looking at the PMDG_NG3_SDK.h file, you should be able to use the normal PMDG 737 events (controls).

In any case you need to enable the SDK broadcast in the PMDG 737 ini file. The video shows you how to do this, starting at 0:58.

If you can't get it to work, please show some code.

Paul

1 hour ago, 777ipod said:

What is the expected time line that this will be implemented so i have an idea.

I have no idea if PMDG provide this data yet, and if they do what the size is and how much space is needed in the offset table (i.e. if it fits in the currently allocated area).
I will know more once I have heard from PMDG and can give an estimate once I know the details.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2022 at 10:46 AM, Paul Henty said:

I don't know if the PMDG 737 Offsets work in FSUIPC7. @John Dowson will be able to tell you.

Looking at the PMDG_NG3_SDK.h file, you should be able to use the normal PMDG 737 events (controls).

In any case you need to enable the SDK broadcast in the PMDG 737 ini file. The video shows you how to do this, starting at 0:58.

If you can't get it to work, please show some code.

Paul

Paul,

Any reason we can’t send events via your .dll, similar to the video posted.  I tried sending multiple events hoping they would work but they appear to have no impact.  Manipulating the LVARS only seems to impact the animations without regard to the actual systems.  For example, you can ‘flip’ the battery switch but not happens. 

Any reason we can’t send events via your .dll, similar to the video posted

No reason I can think of. Can you send standard flight sim events? Is it only the PMDG ones that don't work?

Could you post the relevant lines of code are using to send the PMDG controls?

Paul 

Paul,

FSUIPCConnection.SendControlToFS(PMDG_737_NGX_Control.EVT_OH_ELEC_BATTERY_SWITCH, 536870912);  //Single left mouse click 

Maybe it's the mouse flags that's changed?  

SendControlToFS method sets offsets 3114 and 3110; 

That looks okay. The mouse flag also look correct according to the PMDG_NG3_SDK.h file.

Have you tried programming a joystick button or key press for any PMDG controls in the FSUIPC interface? If it doesn't work there either, and if normal flight sim control work (e.g. pause), then it's probably a question for PMDG support. 

SendControlToFS method sets offsets 3114 and 3110; 

Yes

Paul

Hi Paul & Kingm56,

Spadnext doesn't use fsuipc but Simconnect to talk to pmdg 737 aircraft

John mentioned he disabled all pmdg 737 events and offsets in FSUIPC7 as he is awaiting for pmdg to give him the information he needs.

As i tested it looks like the whole SDK of the 737 for P3D is same in MSFS when accesing it true simconnect.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, 777ipod said:

John mentioned he disabled all pmdg 737 events and offsets in FSUIPC7 as he is awaiting for pmdg to give him the information he needs.

It is the specific PMDG offsets for the PMDG 7XX aircraft that were available in FSUIPC4/5/6 that aren't currently available in FSUIPC7 (see documents Offset Mapping for PMDG...pdf available in those versions of FSUIPC). This data was provided by the aircraft via SimConnect using specific Client Data Areas. It is not clear if this data is provided by the MSFS version, nor the structure of such data if provided. I am still waiting clarification from PMDG on this issue.

John

9 hours ago, John Dowson said:

It is the specific PMDG offsets for the PMDG 7XX aircraft that were available in FSUIPC4/5/6 that aren't currently available in FSUIPC7 (see documents Offset Mapping for PMDG...pdf available in those versions of FSUIPC). This data was provided by the aircraft via SimConnect using specific Client Data Areas. It is not clear if this data is provided by the MSFS version, nor the structure of such data if provided. I am still waiting clarification from PMDG on this issue.

John

Hey John!  Would that explain why we can't read the offsets vice setting PMDG events via simconnect, which are facilitated via OFFSETS 3110 and 3114?  I understand why we cant read them, but I'm confused why we can't set PMDG events.  

@kingm56Sorry for the late reply - missed your post for some reason...

On 5/30/2022 at 9:13 PM, kingm56 said:

Would that explain why we can't read the offsets vice setting PMDG events via simconnect, which are facilitated via OFFSETS 3110 and 3114?  I understand why we cant read them, but I'm confused why we can't set PMDG events.  

I am not sure what you mean.... offset 0x3110 is a general facility for sending events/controls to the FS. You can't read them as there is nothing to read - you write to them to send any control to the FS, including PMDG custom events, which I believe use the Rotor Brake control (with the parameter indicating the actual control/event to be used) in the MSFS version.

Why do you think that you cannot send these PMDG events using this offset? They are the same as any other event...

John

13 hours ago, John Dowson said:

@kingm56Sorry for the late reply - missed your post for some reason...

I am not sure what you mean.... offset 0x3110 is a general facility for sending events/controls to the FS. You can't read them as there is nothing to read - you write to them to send any control to the FS, including PMDG custom events, which I believe use the Rotor Brake control (with the parameter indicating the actual control/event to be used) in the MSFS version.

Why do you think that you cannot send these PMDG events using this offset? They are the same as any other event...

John

Hey John

That's precisely what I mean; I understand why we can't read the 'old' PMDG 7xx Offsets.  However, I don't understand why we can't write them via Offset 3110.  I tried using the same method I used in P3D but can't seem to get it to function in MSFS.  

EDIT:  Disregard - I had to recompute event IDs to meet Rotor Brake...all good now.  Still, I hope we're able to read the OFFsets one day.  Thank you, John.  

• 4 weeks later...

I had to recompute event IDs to meet Rotor Brake...all good now. 

Can you explain what these means please? I'm wondering if I need to update my post about programming events for the PMDG aircraft. Is the process different in MSFS?

I've found some other posts on this. I think I've figured it out.

Paul