The simFlight Network Forums

Automatic program starting address path in config .INI file

dano

Just want to know the correct path for starting prosim main program by Fsuipc.

my prosim folder is located on my desktop and I copy and paste the path of its location but for some reason fsuipc does not open it automatically.

I can get other programs to open but not prosim and I don’t know why.

I use the same method when I play P3Dv5 with FSUIPC 6 and it opens fine .

is there something missing here 

Your FSUIPC7 version is out of date - you are using 7.2.6, and the latest (and only supported) version is 7.3.3 - please update. Always check that you are using the latest version before requesting support as only the latest version is supported.

Try changing Programs section:

[Programs]
RunIf1=READY,KILL,"C:\Program Files (x86)\IOCards\SIOC\SIOC.exe"
RunIf2=READY,KILL,"C:\Users\FLIGHTSIMPC1\AppData\Local\vPilot" vPilot.exe -host -voice
RunIf3=READY,KILL,"C:\Users\FLIGHTSIMPC1\Desktop\ProSimB738" ProsimB738.exe
RunIf4=READY,KILL,"C:\Program Files (x86)\CFY\CFY_TQ Console.exe"

to

[Programs]
RunIf1=READY,KILL,"C:\Program Files (x86)\IOCards\SIOC\SIOC.exe"
RunIf2=READY,KILL,"C:\Users\FLIGHTSIMPC1\AppData\Local\vPilot\vPilot.exe -host -voice"
RunIf3=READY,KILL,"C:\Users\FLIGHTSIMPC1\Desktop\ProSimB738\ProsimB738.exe"
RunIf4=READY,KILL,"C:\Program Files (x86)\CFY\CFY_TQ Console.exe"

If that doesn't work, I need to see your FSUIPC7.log file as well as your FSUIPC7.ini (and only after you have updated to the latest version).

John

29953 FSUIPC couldn't run: ""C:\Users\FLIGHTSIMPC1\AppData\Local\vPilot\vPilot.exe -host -voice"" in folder "C:\Users\FLIGHTSIMPC1\AppData\Local\vPilot" [Error=2]

Error 2 is file not found - are you sure this exists: C:\Users\FLIGHTSIMPC1\AppData\Local\vPilot\vPilot.exe ? If so, change the run line to:

RunIf2=READY,KILL,"C:\Users\FLIGHTSIMPC1\AppData\Local\vPilot\vPilot.exe" -host -voice
or maybe just:
        RunIf2=READY,KILL,C:\Users\FLIGHTSIMPC1\AppData\Local\vPilot\vPilot.exe -host -voice

29953 FSUIPC couldn't run: ""C:\Users\FLIGHTSIMPC1\Desktop\ProSimB738\ProsimB738.exe"" in folder "C:\Users\FLIGHTSIMPC1\Desktop\ProSimB738" [Error=740]

Error 740 indicates that you need elevated privileges to run the program. So you run ProSim with admin privileges? If so, try setting FSUIPC to also run with admin privileges. Otherwise, change ProSim to run without admin privileges.

Note that setting FSUIPC7 to run with admin privileges may prevent MSFS auto-starting FSUIPC7 - this has been reported in another topic. If this is the case, then first try running FSUIPC7 manually to check the run commands work. If you decide you need to run with admin privileges and FSUIPC7 is not auto-starting with MSFS, then you can go back to the old method of starting FSUIPC7 (via the MSFS.bat file). Check the forums on how to do this.

John

10 minutes ago, dano said:

Right so I have run v pilot and prosim with admin rights still no change and log file now has error 740 on both 

No, that is not what I have said. The previous error with ProSim is that it was previously set to tun as admin and FSUIPC7 not. I also said nothing about changing vPilot to run with admin. Please re-read my previous comment and follow those instructions. If this still doesn't work, show me both your ini and log files.

John

12 minutes ago, dano said:

So here s my INI file for FSUIPC 6 with P3DV5 everthing works in the game and fires up as it should with the same commands .

Your FSUIPC6 is also out-of-date and needs updating - you are using 6.0.8 and the current version is 6.1.8. However, there is a problem with that version when setting payloads through ProSim. This is fixed in 6.1.9a which is available in the forums somewhere, and which I will release very shortly - probably tomorrow (if I get time...)

John

Edited by John Dowson
Further info added

5 minutes ago, dano said:

ok Prosim is working NO ADMIN RIGHTS and its fine .

Ok - what did you change?

5 minutes ago, dano said:

Vpilot still working on it 

Did you try:
    RunIf2=READY,KILL,"C:\Users\FLIGHTSIMPC1\AppData\Local\vPilot\vPilot.exe" -host -voice
as advised?

Vpilot sorted Command line incorrect correct one below and unticked admin rights also thanks John for your help