The simFlight Network Forums

Pokey card PMDG event ID programming

I’m doing some testing now in p3dv5 with PMDG 737 ngx u .
So I have activated the pokeys card joystick function as I have 3 off these operating my overhead switch inputs .

Now FSUIPC sees the switches when you toggle them .

gotten to this point 
Test 1
Taxi light switch = event ID 69749 
Open FSUIPC put it in under the pokey input switch that I select 
Under parameter I enter 2 and on switch release I enter 1 .

Now go back into the sim and test my overhead taxi switch .

It turns on , then flick it off and nothing happens in the PMDG .
it just stays on.

Tried a few combinations of parameter numbers and no luck with the switch returning to off position.

any idea s 

Are you sure that you are using the correct parameter? The parameter value is (I think) a value which represents what type of mouse click to simulate for the particular switch. See the following guide on how to determine both the control number and parameter value to use:

John

So I’m using mouse flag x20000000 for left click to simulate in PMDG . It turns the switch on .

but it won’t work to turn it off.

The only way to turn it off is to -on-off the switch again and it will return to the off position in the sim again. The on signal turns it off again to original position.

so in other words 

I have to go on-off for on 

and on- off for off.

iff you know what I mean 😭.

2 hours ago, dano said:

iff you know what I mean 😭.

No, not really...

2 hours ago, dano said:

The on signal turns it off again to original position.

But if its a toggle, there is no 'on' signal, just a toggle one (i.e. to change the state from on to off or from off to on, depending upon its current state(.

Have toy tried logging events, and see what is logged when you switch on and off via the UI? This should tell you what events and parameters are used.

John

No logging  events with what exactly. Fsuipc or pokeys software?

But it’s as if the FSUIPC a does not see the unsealed switch return from the pokeys card .

the switch is wired using 2 wires one to ground and the other to a port on the card like most interfaces.

5 minutes ago, dano said:

No logging  events with what exactly. Fsuipc or pokeys software?

I was just suggesting logging the events in the FS as seen by FSUIPC, so in FSUIPC - just activate event (non-axis controls) logging, open the logging console, flip the switch off->on an on->off and see what events/parameters are logged.

7 minutes ago, dano said:

But it’s as if the FSUIPC a does not see the unsealed switch return from the pokeys card .

Turn on logging for Buttons & Keys - this should show you what FSUIPC sees when you flip the switch, and both button presses and releases are logged.

John

10 minutes ago, dano said:

If I do that the pmdg switch flicks on and off in a blink off and eye . 

And you do not have repeat set?
If that is the case, then the switch must have one button in one direction, and another in the other direction, and you need to assign the toggle to both buttons (or it is not wired correctly...).
Logging would tell you what is happening - activate logging for buttons and also events, flip the switch and see what is logged, and flip it back, and see what is logged then.
You can post the FSUIPC7.log here, together with your FSUIPC7.ini if needed. The files are more useful than a video...

A simple toggle switch is wired as below it all works with Prosim737 with on and off positions.

It’s got me baffled.

I have no repeat on .

the toggle switches on my overhead for on - off all have a common middle terminal with on thermals each side as per picture.

depending on with terminal you pic and which way you face the switch for on position.

if your saying I have to use all three terminals that means I have to use another port input on the pokeys card so FUIPC sees it as a seperate input to switch off.

prosim you do not have to do this it just knows when the switch disconnects the circuit on the pokeys card and triggers the off position in the sim.

A62999D1-CF08-49DA-80F1-AB9FE7A9D56D.png

E96EA335-F663-40E5-9D8F-99F263BAD959.png

2 hours ago, dano said:

A simple toggle switch is wired as below it all works with Prosim737 with on and off positions.

Sorry, but I know nothing about the wiring of switches...

2 hours ago, dano said:

if your saying I have to use all three terminals that means...

I am not saying anything of the sort... What I am saying is that I cannot help you as you are continually NOT showing me your FSUIPC ini file (your actual assignments) or your FSUIPC log file (what is actually happening), with the appropriate logging activated. I do not even know what version of FSUIPC you are using at the moment. If you want me to help you with this, please show me those files and we can take it from there.

John

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier but I’m aware now that fsuipc has to have 2 seperate input signals for a on -off so I’m in the process of wiring up extra inputs for each switch tgT needs a off position recorded in fsuipc . 

one more thing. 
will the event ID s for pmdg work in fsuip 7 and MSFS?

On 6/8/2022 at 8:55 AM, dano said:

will the event ID s for pmdg work in fsuip 7 and MSFS?

I don't think so - the PMDG 737 seems to use parameters for the Rotor Brake control for the custom controls. Take a look at the PMDG presets on the MF HubHop site (https://hubhop.mobiflight.com/presets/), or you can look at the preset calculator code for the PMDG presets in the events.txt file (which will be in your FSUIPC7 installation folder).

On 6/8/2022 at 8:55 AM, dano said:

but I’m aware now that fsuipc has to have 2 seperate input signals for a on -off

I doesn't have to receive both signals, but how you assign to such buttons/switches will depend on the signals received. Also, assign to a button repeat will not function correctly if no release on a button is received, so you cannot assign to repeat.

John