The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC won't load with SIM

Timsierramist

Howdy Folks, 

Really struggling with this one. My woes all started when I completely reinstalled windows, and thus MSFS and FSUPIC. FSUIPC7 won't load with MSFS2020. When I click on on the FSUIPC7 icon, it loads the "preparing the cabin" splash screen, then loads MSFS, but I don't get FSUIPC loaded with the sim. My FSUIPC dependent apps won't work (such as Self Loading Cargo) and there is no icon in the tray. I've attempted to load as Administrator to no avail. 

Thanks for the assist. Logs attached, let me know which ones you need. Thank you!

InstallFSUIPC7.log events.txt FSUIPC7.log FSUIPC7_prev.log

13 hours ago, Timsierramist said:

My woes all started when I completely reinstalled windows

If you re-installed windows, did you install the latest combined VC++ redistributable package? If not, do that (from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist) - uninstall any of the 2015, 2017, 2019 & 2022 packages first if already installed.

13 hours ago, Timsierramist said:

FSUIPC7 won't load with MSFS2020.

There is plenty of information about this issue in the README.txt and in many forum posts already. The problem will most probably be with your EXE.xml file (C:\Users\timsi\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\EXE.xml) - check that. For further information on this issue, see this thread:

Follow the advice there. If you still can't get it to auto-start, show me your EXE.xml.

John

23 minutes ago, Aviator1979 said:

Same here, even more, nothing loads from the exe.xml, have to start everything manually, the exe.xml i have deleted, reinstalled etc but still nothing,

Your EXE.xml looks ok  - if it is in the correct location for your installation then I have no idea why MSFS is not using that file and starting your add-ons. But this is an MSFS issue and I cannot help with this - you need Asobo / MSFS support. 

It seems that quite a few people are having this issue, but there is nothing I can do and nothing I can say that I haven't said already.
You should raise this with Asobo, and you could also go back to the old method of starting FSUIPC7 via the MSFS.bat file. Please see that link I posted in my previous comment for details. You can also modify to start your other add-ons.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aviator1979 said:

so i only have to manually start fsuipc, thanks for the tip.

ps autostart with fsuipc dont work either its a sim issue i guess

Are you saying that FSUIPC7 cannot be started from the MSFS.bat file (when modified as indicated in the other topic I referenced)?
If so, that is very strange....have you set FSUIPC7 to run as admin?

9 hours ago, John Dowson said:

If you re-installed windows, did you install the latest combined VC++ redistributable package? If not, do that (from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist) - uninstall any of the 2015, 2017, 2019 & 2022 packages first if already installed.

There is plenty of information about this issue in the README.txt and in many forum posts already. The problem will most probably be with your EXE.xml file (C:\Users\timsi\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\EXE.xml) - check that. For further information on this issue, see this thread:

Follow the advice there. If you still can't get it to auto-start, show me your EXE.xml.

John

No Dice on my end. I installed the redistributable and deleted the EXE file. I also tried launching FSUIPC from after starting MSFS and set it to Admin. I've attached both the original .EXE before I deleted it and the new one after I reinstalled FSUIPC. Thanks for the support. 

exe.old.xml EXE.xml

Edited by Timsierramist
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Timsierramist said:

I also tried launching FSUIPC from after starting MSFS and set it to Admin.

It won't auto-start if you set it to admin.
As I have said many many times now, if MSFS is not obeying the EXE.xml it is a problem for Asobo, I cannot do anything about this. You can switch to using the MSFS.bat method - see the previous posy I referenced.

I really have nothing more to say on this issue that I have not said 10 times before...I am not going to repeat myself again, read the other posts.

6 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

It won't auto-start if you set it to admin.
As I have said many many times now, if MSFS is not obeying the EXE.xml it is a problem for Asobo, I cannot do anything about this. You can switch to using the MSFS.bat method - see the previous posy I referenced.

I really have nothing more to say on this issue that I have not said 10 times before...I am not going to repeat myself again, read the other posts.

Gosh John, it wasn't my intention to make you repeat yourself 10 times... I missed that "don't set to Admin" part at the tail end of the thread.  I have absolutely read through what you posted and searched forums, both here and elsewhere, well before I made a thread. 

But I concur, it's highly likely to be an Asobo issue. If that's the case, and if nothing else, it can give you a heads up for issues others may currently or will be experiencing in the future and maybe eventually a solution. ✌️

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...