The simFlight Network Forums

WND Library Display Location Question

ark1320

I have two displays and use MSFS in windows mode. Sometimes after starting MSFS, I need to move (drag) the sim window from my normal HOME display (display 1) to the "other" display (display 2, my sim display).   When I do this, FSUIPC7 Wnd library display locations do not also move to display2 with the sim, even if I restart FSUIPC7, and even if after dragging the sim to display2 I then make display2 my new HOME display and then restart FSUIPC7.  So it seems the only way to get the FSUIPC7 Wnd library windows to display on display2 is to make display2 the HOME display before starting the sim.

Remembering to make display2 my HOME display before starting the sim is certainly reasonable and not a big issue, but I do forget to do this at times (sigh), so I'm curious to know if by any chance there is a convenient way to get the the FSUIPC7 Wnd library displays to move over and display on display2 without having to first make display2 the HOME display and then restarting the sim, which is a bit of a pain since it takes a little while?

Thanks,

Al

The Wnd library knows nothing about displays - it just uses the virtual desktop coordinates which are translated to your displays by windows, and the HOME display will determine the origin of the virtual desktop coordinates. The coordinates are stored in the [ExtWindow] section of your FSUIPC7.ini.

You can move the window between displays (i.e. change its coordinates) by giving it the focus and then using shift + arrow keys. The new position will be saved and use the next time. So you can reposition if you change your HOME display.

John

9 hours ago, John Dowson said:

You can move the window between displays (i.e. change its coordinates) by giving it the focus and then using shift + arrow keys. The new position will be saved and use the next time. So you can reposition if you change your HOME display.

Thanks John.

Al