The simFlight Network Forums

Little fix for FSUIPC7 needed to make it work better with the CPFlight driver

737Andi

Hi John,

I'm using the CPFlight driver for my MCPPro3 MCP panel. They have a fully working driver for the MCP module, which is needing the WASM - LVars to run.

Unfortunately there is a small problem. The MCP hardware annunciator lights do not work until I go manually into the FSUIPC program and click Addon - Wasm - List LVars.

Only if I do that also the hardware lights (e.g. HDG SEL button light, V/S button light,..) on my MCP light up. 

Is there any way to autoload the List LVars on FSUIPC startup, so that I do not need to make these steps manually each time when starting up the CPFlight driver?

The developer from CP Flight already responded and it seems that this is a fix that would need to be done in FSUIPC, because he does not have any control over that feature with his driver. Hopefully my problem was explained half-way understandable.

Please let me know if you need further infos and I will be happy to deliver them to you.

Thank you very much!

Best regards Andi

Hi Andi,

14 hours ago, 737Andi said:

Is there any way to autoload the List LVars on FSUIPC startup, so that I do not need to make these steps manually each time when starting up the CPFlight driver?

Lvars are automatically loaded in the WASM when an aircraft is ready to fly, and are passed to FSUIPC.
What I suspect is happening is that some of the lvars you are using are not available when the lvar scan is performed by the WASM. Many lvars for complex aircraft/airliners are created some time after the aircraft is actually loaded/.  When you list lvars, an automatic rescan/reload is performed, and so further lvars are discovered.

What you need to to is to adjust the LvarScanDelay WASM ini parameter - see the Advanced User manual for details. This defaults to 5 seconds, but for complex airliners this needs to be increased to 45 - 60 seconds. Note that no lvars will be available until this time limit is passed.

John

Hi John,

just added the line to my General section (see bottom of section) but it still does not work 😞

I also reloaded the cpflight driver after 60s.

Any ideas? Thank you!

[General]
UpdatedByVersion=7304
UseSystemTime=No
JoystickTimeout=20
DisconnTrimForAP=No
ZeroElevForAPAlt=No
ThrottleSyncAll=No
ShowPMcontrols=No
SpoilerIncrement=512
MagicBattery=No
RudderSpikeRemoval=No
ElevatorSpikeRemoval=No
AileronSpikeRemoval=No
ReversedElevatorTrim=No
ClockSync=No
ClockSyncMins=5
ClearWeatherDynamics=No
PauseAfterCrash=No
BrakeReleaseThreshold=75
SaveDataWithFlights=No
UseProfiles=Yes
WideLuaGlobals=Yes
InvokeFSUIPCOptionsKey=70,12
AxesWrongRange=No
TCASid=Flight
TCASrange=40,3
AxisCalibration=No
DirectAxesToCalibs=No
AxisIntercepts=No
DontResetAxes=No
ThreadAffinityMask=x0
LuaAffinityMask=x0
LogOptionProtect=Yes
AutoConnectToSim=Yes
AutoExitWithSim=Yes
TimeForLuaClosing=2
TrafficStallTime=1
InitialStallTime=30
NormalStallTime=1
LuaRerunDelay=66
ComReadLoopTime=20
ControlsListBuild=999
Window=298,1377,848,1622
Console=No
ConsoleWindowTopMost=No
ConsoleWindow=260,260,1253,779
EnableExtraButtons=Yes
LogEvents=Yes
LvarScanDelay=60
FSVersionUsed="KittyHawk",11.0.282174.999
SimConnectUsed=11.0.62651.3

30 minutes ago, 737Andi said:

just added the line to my General section (see bottom of section) but it still does not work 😞

Well, it won't as it is an ini parameter for the FSUIPC WASM module, not for FSUIPC itself, i.e. it goes in the FSUIPC_WASM.ini file, not the FSUIPC7.ini file. Please read the documentation as suggested, the WASM section in the Advanced User guide. The ini parameters and file locations are explained there.

John

Hi John, I tried it with the delay function and it actually worked yesterday.

Unfortunately today it has stopped working and I cannot figure out why 😞

It is not even possible to see the LVars List at all at the moment?! 

If I load the PMDG 737-700 and load FSUIPC and click Addon - Wasm , I can only see "Disable" as option. All the other options are greyed out (not selectable). Toggling between disable and enable does not help. The other WASM options (List Lvars, list hvars, set lvars,...) stay non selectable.

I tried so many things. I e.g. removed the delay entry from the FSUIPC_WASM.ini again.

Checked that the FSUIPC.ini has not changed. I reinstalled the latest FSUIPC version. I'm on 7.3.6. now. For some strange reasons the List LVars cannot be clicked anymore. 

Here are my files...hopefully you have an idea whats wrong here?

Thank you!

Best regards Andi

FSUIPC7.log FSUIPC_WASM.ini FSUIPC7.ini

12 hours ago, 737Andi said:

If I load the PMDG 737-700 and load FSUIPC and click Addon - Wasm , I can only see "Disable" as option. All the other options are greyed out (not selectable). Toggling between disable and enable does not help. The other WASM options (List Lvars, list hvars, set lvars,...) stay non selectable.

The log file you attached stops after 11 seconds...you really need to give more time.
Did you have an aircraft loaded and ready-to-fly? Not according to the log, but as I say that stops after 11 seconds.
Are you auto-starting FSUIPC7, or starting manually (and if so, why)?

If the WASM menu items are disabled, this implies the the lvar information has not yet been received by FSUIPC7. This is only done once the aircraft is ready-to-fly (and after the LvarScanDelay period set).

You are also using a very slow lvar refresh rate (Second). I suggest you change this to 6Hz.

And please, always exit FSUIPC7 before attaching a FSUIPC7.log file.

And the PMDG 737 takes an awful long time to load - be patient...

John

Hi John, thanks for your info. I found out that the program Multi Crew Experience overwrote the latest WASM installed by FSUIPC7 with an older version, which made FSUIPC's WASM unusable. I reinstalled FSUIPC and now its working again.

Downside is that Multi Crew Experience is not usable for me for now. I have already spoken to the developer and they will have a look at the problem soon.

Regarding the log file. I made that one shorter by hand because I only thought that the beginning might be of interest for you.

1 hour ago, 737Andi said:

I found out that the program Multi Crew Experience overwrote the latest WASM installed by FSUIPC7 with an older version, which made FSUIPC's WASM unusable. I reinstalled FSUIPC and now its working again.

Ok, thats good to know, thanks.

1 hour ago, 737Andi said:

Regarding the log file. I made that one shorter by hand because I only thought that the beginning might be of interest for you.

No - for future reference, always upload a full/complete log file, and zip it if too large. I need to see the beginning, the end, and most of the stuff un-between...! And in this case, the log was missing the lines that would have told me that you were using an incompatible WASM version. 

John