The simFlight Network Forums

FSX mit WideFS verbinden?

*** Moved to main support forum ***

Hallo Zusammen,

ich habe zwei Rechner mit WINXP prof. 32bit, die als Server/Host und Client eingerichtet sind

Beide Rechner haben für den FS2004 registrierte FSUIPC3.9a und WideFS.

Der FSX hat jetzt FSUIPC 4.60a imit WideFS. FSUIPC war schon vorher installiert und registriert. Aber das neue

WideFS WIRD zwar im FSX (Modules) als registriert angezeigt, kann aber keine Verbindung zum Flugsimulator herstellen..

Es kommt nur: enable WideFS .

Was kann ich tun, um WideFS auch für den FSX zu aktivieren?

Habe ich etwas falsch gemacht?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Reinhard Welz

Edited by John Dowson
Moved to main support forum

You posted in the .Net client dll sub-forum - I have moved your post to the main support forum.

I have two computers with WINXP prof. 32bit set up as server/host and client

Both computers have FSUIPC3.9a and WideFS registered for FS2004.

The FSX now has FSUIPC 4.60a imit WideFS. FSUIPC was previously installed and registered. But the new

WideFS WILL show up as registered in FSX (Modules) but cannot connect to Flight Simulator..

It just comes: enable WideFS .

What can I do to enable WideFS for FSX too?

The WideFS version for FS2004/FSUIPC3 was WideFS6. You need WideFS7 for FSUIPC4, which requires its own license. However, if it shows up as registered, I guess you are using WideFS7, no? Note that if running WideClient on a 32-bit computer, you will still need to use the 32-bit WideClient from WideFS6 on your client machine.

What do you mean by 'cannot connect to Flight Simulator'? WideClient connects to WideServer (built into FSUIPC4), not to the Flight Simulator. It is FSUIPC4 that connects to the Flight Simulator.

If WideClient cannot connect to WideServer/FSUIPC4, then you may need to configure the server name or address in your WideClient.ini file. Check the documentation for details. If you have any further issues, please show me your WideServer.log, FSUIPC4.log and FSUIPC4.ini files from your server/FS computer, and your WideClient.log and WideClient.ini files from your client computer.

John

Hallo John,

vielen Dank für die schnelle Antwort, ich habe zuletzt FSUIPC7 und WideFS 7 gekauft und installiert Ich werde in den nächsten Tagen versuchen  die gewünschten Dateien  auf meinem Rechner zu finden und Ihnen zukommen lassen. Ich bin da nicht so firm. Oder soll ich WideFS 6 kaufen?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Reinhard Welz

I recently bought and installed FSUIPC7 and WideFS 7. I will try to find the desired files on my computer in the next few days and send them to you. I'm not that firm. Or should I buy WideFS 6?

No, you don't need WideFS6 and that is also no longer available for purchase (a free license is available, as with FSUIPC3). However, if you need a 32-bit WideClient, you can get that from the WideFS6 package/download.

But I am now confused...I thought your connection problem was with FSUIPC4/FSX, not FSUIPC7/MSFS2020...

Please check the files yourself before sending them to me. For example, have you configured the server name or IP address for WideClient?
If you had this working for FSUIPC3/FS2004 and WideFS6, the configuration / set-up should be the same/similar for FSUIPC4 and FSUIPC7...

You should also check the WideFS documentation first for connection issues and solutions, although this is only available in English I'm afraid.

Note that FSUIPC7 can also be used on a client computer - details on this are in the Advanced User guide (appendix 4), which can be used instead of WideClient (on a 64-but machine).

John

Regards,

John

Hallo John,

vielen Dank für Ihre Antwort. Mit dem FSUIPC7 und WideFS7 habe ich mich vertan. Ich habe es zwar gekauft, aber musste beim Installieren feststellen,

dass es für den FSX (32-bit) gar nicht geht. Da habe ich nicht aufgepasst.

Am 11. 9. 2004 habe ich zweimal WIDEFS 6 und am 11.01.2006 zweimal FSUIPC 4 gekauft sowie FSUIPC3 am 13.08.2004. FSUIPC 3, dieses habe damals ich in den FS 2004 installiert und die beiden anderen habe ich damals  in den FSX kopiert.

Das mit dem Überprüfen kann ich erst kommenden Freitag machen. Da kommt ein Freund von mir, der sich mit Computer/PC und den Microsoft-Flugprogrammen besser auskennt.  Ich bin da sehr unerfahren.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Reinhard Welz

I made a mistake with the FSUIPC7 and WideFS7. I bought it, but when I installed it I realized

that it doesn't work at all for FSX (32-bit). I wasn't paying attention there.

On 9/11/2004 I bought WIDEFS 6 twice and on 01/11/2006 twice FSUIPC 4 as well as FSUIPC3 on 08/13/2004. FSUIPC 3, I installed this in FS 2004 and copied the other two into FSX.

I do not understand why you are buying everything twice...you only ever need a single license - it is per user not per machine, so its gine to install on multiple PCs if needed. But thanks anyway!  You can use your FSUIPC7 license if/when you move to MSFS2020...

The WideFS7 license is needed if you want to activate WideServer in FSUIP4. However, as I said, you will need to use the WideClient from WideFS6 if running on a 32-bit OS.

John

Hallo John,

das mit den Lizenzen habe ich damals nicht gewusst.

Unser Server und Client wurden vor einigen Wochen erneuert, weil die ursprünglichen PC's defekt waren. Sie haben aus Sicherheitsgründen wegen des Windows XP keinen Internetanschluss mehr und beide PC's bilden jetzt ein eigenes kleines Netzwerk mit LAN-Verbindung. Die alten Festplatten wurden auf neue Festplatten überspielt. Dazu mussten wir den FSX beim Windows-Service neu aktivieren. Der neue Server hat jetzt die Netzwerkadresse 192.168.40.5. Der Client hat jetzt die Adresse 192.168.40.6.

Ich weiß nicht, ob dies für Sie wichtig ist zu wissen.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Reinhard Welz

Our server and client were renewed a few weeks ago because the original PC's were defective. For security reasons, because of Windows XP, you no longer have an Internet connection and both PCs now form their own small network with a LAN connection. The old hard drives were transferred to new hard drives. To do this, we had to reactivate the FSX at the Windows service. The new server now has the network address 192.168.40.5. The client now has the address 192.168.40.6.

I don't know if this is important for you to know.

If the server/client network addresses (or names) have changed, and you are using these in your Wideclient.ini (using the ServerIPAddr ini parameter) then you need to update that. Also, check that both client and server are in the same windows WorkGroup. You may also need to check your firewalls and add exceptions for the new server/client addresses. You can always temporarily disable any firewalls to test the connextion and to see if the firewall is an issue.

If you are till having connection issues, and you are not using the ServerName or ServerIPAddr WideClinet.ini parameters, then  I suggest you try adding them (ServerName preferred).

You should really consult the WideFS documentation provided as all this is explained there, although in English I'm afraid...

Regards,

John

Hallo John,

vielen Dank für Ihre Hilfen und Tipps, es hat jetzt alles funktioniert. Das FSUIPC- und WideFS-Handbuch habe ich mit einem Übersetzungsprogramm iin die deutsche Sprache übersetzt.

Jetzt ist alles klar. WideFS war eigentlich immer da, musste nur separat aufgerufen werden, um sich mit dem Server zu verbinden, obwohl es im FSX Programm nicht separat erschien. Einige Netzverbindungen zwischen Server und Client mussten wir noch geringfügig ändern. Jetzt funktioniert alles, so ,wie es soll.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Reinhard Welz

I translated the FSUIPC and WideFS manual into German using a translation program.

If you could let me gave them I could make them available in the Documents download section for other German speakers.

I am happy that you have managed to solve your issue.

Regards,

John

Hallo John,

anbei unsere Übersetzung mit unserem Übersetzungsprogramm als pdf-Datei. Ich hoffe, damit kann man etwas anfangen. Die Übersetzung ist nicht schön,

aber sinngemäß richtig.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Reinhard WelzWideFS und FSUIPC.pdfWideFS und FSUIPC.pdfWideFS und FSUIPC.pdfWideFS und FSUIPC.pdf