The simFlight Network Forums

Hvar not activating

toby23

I am trying to activate a cyclic trim button in the HPG Airbus 145.

The HVar created by HPG, who make the H145 helicopter, is missing, along with a few others, from the stock events.txt file included with FSUIPC7.

I have manually added the following section to the events.txt document:

//Hype Performance Group/H145/Trim
H145_SDK_CYCLIC_TRIM_LATCH_PUSH#(>H:H145_SDK_CYCLIC_TRIM_RELEASE_LATCH_PUSH)
H145_SDK_CYCLIC_TRIM_LATCH_RELEASE#(>H:H145_SDK_CYCLIC_TRIM_RELEASE_LATCH_RELEASE)

This shows up in FSUIPC's drop down window (which needs to be wider!) and, I can assign these actions to my HOTAS, but they don't do anything in the sim.

Can anyone tell me why?

I have attached the complete list of H:variables included with the latest release of the HPG H145 where I took the above two actions from.

Thanks for any advice and help,

Toby

H145_Keys.txt

8 hours ago, toby23 said:

The HVar created by HPG, who make the H145 helicopter, is missing, along with a few others, from the stock events.txt file included with FSUIPC7.

You can always download and use the latest events.txt file from MobiFlight.

9 hours ago, toby23 said:

I have manually added the following section to the events.txt document:

That's ok in this instance, but usually better to use the myevents.txt file to add your own presets, as the events.txt file will get overwritten on the next FSUIPC7 update.

9 hours ago, toby23 said:

Can anyone tell me why?

Do you have the WASM module enabled (Add-ons->WASM->Enable) - if not, do that - you only need to do this once (you will need to disconnect/reconnect to MSFS when you do this).

To test presets, you can use the Add-ons->WASM->Execute Calculator Code... menu option. Try that - if it doesn't work, then the preset is invalid and I can't reallu help you with that (try the MobiFlight Discord channel, or support for the aircraft). Ifthat is working, then there is something wrong with your assignments. Try activating logging for Buttons & keys and Events, open the logging console and see what is happening when you press the assigned button. You can attach your FSUIPC7.log and FUIPC7.ini files here if you require further help.

John

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

You can always download and use the latest events.txt file from MobiFlight.

Thanks for the cryptic advice John... 🧐  You mean 'download Mobiflight and install it and then locate the events.txt file in one of Mobiflights nested folders'....

I had not heard of Mobiflight before you mentioned it, so it took some searching. I was able to get the latest events.txt but it hasn't been updated.

I will figure this out and use the myevents.txt file. WASM is enabled and the other commands work fine.

I think this is user error as the H145 is not as straight forward as I thought. The AFCS needs to be engaged, and the aircraft needs to be in flight, for this button press to do anything, and, without going through a manual startup from cold and dark every time, the AFCS will not be automatically engaged... 

Thanks for your help, as always, much appreciated.
Toby

1 hour ago, toby23 said:

Thanks for the cryptic advice John... 🧐  You mean 'download Mobiflight and install it and then locate the events.txt file in one of Mobiflights nested folders'....

I had not heard of Mobiflight before you mentioned it, so it took some searching. I was able to get the latest events.txt but it hasn't been updated.

You don't need to download the MobiFlight connector - you can export the preset file (events.txt) from the MobiFlight HubHob site (https://hubhop.mobiflight.com/presets/) - this is mentioned several times in the documentation. You need to create an account, and that site is the community reference for presets, so you should familiarize yourself with that (and create an account!).

1 hour ago, toby23 said:

Should the myevents.txt go in the main FSUIPC7 folder?

I checked the manuals but couldn't find any answer to this question.

Yes. This is documented in the Advanced User guide, under Using Calculator Code Presets:

A calculator code preset is a name assigned to a string of calculator code, which can also be parameterized. Calculator
code presets are made know to FSUIPC7 by two files that must be located in the root FSUIPC7 installation folder. The
format of these files are identical, and must have the names
events.txt and myevents.txt. You do not have to use both
files, but both will be loaded if present.

27 minutes ago, toby23 said:

I managed to get it all working now,

Ok, but maybe you could explain what your issue was in case others have the same problem...

John

23 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

You don't need to download the MobiFlight connector - you can export the preset file (events.txt) from the MobiFlight HubHob site 

Ok, but maybe you could explain what your issue was in case others have the same problem...

John

The problem was that I couldn't figure out first how to use custom HVars, as the commands I needed were missing from the events.txt file, maintained at Mobiflight at the link you mentioned above.

Once I had learnt how to use Hvars in FSUIPC and followed your advice about creating a custom myevents.txt file in the main FSUIPC folder, with the custom HVars that I wanted to use (found in the \Community\hpg-airbus-h145\html_ui\HPGH145-System\H145_Keys.txt file), I was able to assign these commands to keybinds in FSUIPC, with MSFS active and the H145 loaded.

My mistake was to try and use a trim release command in a helicopter with an advanced AFCS (auto-flight control system) that I didn't completely understand.
Once I had assigned the commands correctly on press and release, and was in the air with AFCS engaged, I was able to correctly release the cyclic trim, to allow for precise control when needed.

Thank you for your help John.