The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 7 - Joystick Calibration

Hanse_Rolf

I want to calibrate the axes of my new Thrustmaster Airbus jostick in the FSUIPC. When I open the tab and push SET the following page opens and all values are already in. If I move the ailerons, elevator, rudder and thrust axes  nothing happens e.g. all values are fixed. I previously used a different joystick and to me it seems that those values are from the old one and that the new joystick is not recognized by the FSUIPC at all. I also tried with uninstalingl FSUIP 7 and a new installation but no change.

Please help.

FSUIPC.jpg

You have to assign the axes before you can calibrate - did you do that? That is where your controllers axes are bound to the relevant functions.
And if you previously calibrated with a different controller, then the calibration page will show the previous calibration settings. Calibration settings are either general or bound to a profile, not to a controller.

You should just re-calibrate - click Reset to remove the calibration and re-calibrate, or just calibrate again...

John

I cleared all axes assignments in MSFS first. When I start to assign an axes in the FSUIPC and move the sidestick immediately the S-axes appears even that I did not touch the slider (throttle). There seems to be a problem with my Thrustmaster Airbus Pilot joystick settings even that I previously calibrated it in Windows 11. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Rolf

John, thanks. I now could assign and calibrate ailerons, elevator as well as rudder and those 3 axes work perfect in the MSFS FENIX A320. But I cannot get to work the S-axes (throttle) in the sim - even that I did everything like for the other 3 axes. The sim just does not recognize it e.g. if I move the joystick slider the throttle does not react. Is it correct that I selected just "Throttle" in the Axes drop down box because there are so many other trottle options? Should I maybe try one of the other options available? Thanks.

Rolf

11 minutes ago, Hanse_Rolf said:

But I cannot get to work the S-axes (throttle) in the sim - even that I did everything like for the other 3 axes. The sim just does not recognize it e.g. if I move the joystick slider the throttle does not react. Is it correct that I selected just "Throttle" in the Axes drop down box because there are so many other trottle options? Should I maybe try one of the other options available?

To see what control are being used, you can activate logging for Axes Controls, open the logging console (Log->Open Console...), and then move the throttle in the cockpit UI to see what controls (if any) are logged, and then use them.

However, for the Fenix, it has been reported that you first need to calibrate your throttle in the Fenix MCDU, and then assign as 'Send to FS as normal axis' using the Throttle 1/2 Axis Set Ex1 controls. See 

John

Sorry, but I have another question which just came up: If I want to change the MSFS sensitivity settings (p.e. for the null zones) for the axes calibrated in the FSUIPC can I do it there (MSFS Controls) or do I have to do it in the FSUIPC?

Rolf

I don't think the MSFS sensitivity settings have any affect if not assigned in MSFS, but you can try it...
You should usually calibrate in FSUIPC, but I don't think its possible with the *_EX1 axis controls at the moment. I did look into allowing this when the *_EX1 axis controls were introduced (I have a code branch somewhere that allows this), but there were issues (can't remember what now!) and I never got around to completing this - it is on my ToDo list, but not sure when I will get around to looking at this again at the moment.

John