The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 and MSFS ground services

DLuis

Hi,

I've seen a lot of programs controlling the native ground services of MSFS. Searching the topics where, I didn't find anything about this functionality.

Is there any way to control the ground services with FSUIPC, that can be coded in one Lua script?

Thanks,

David

3 hours ago, DLuis said:

I've seen a lot of programs controlling the native ground services of MSFS.

Really - where? Controlling anything other than pushback?

3 hours ago, DLuis said:

Is there any way to control the ground services with FSUIPC, that can be coded in one Lua script?

Most of the ground services functions can only be controlled through the menu system or via ATC. But what service were you looking for? For which aircraft?

Such things in MSFS are controlled in a very different manner from other FSs and can be very aircraft dependent. Pushback controls were previously reported as working - see 

For other services, if you see an MSFS control that can be used (that is not available in FSUIPC7), then you can assign a keypress to that control in MSFS, and then use that keypress in FSUIPC/lua.

MSFS currently doesn't provide an API to control the ground services, apart from the standard aircraft pushback controls (which work with mixed results). Also no SODE for MSFS for these reasons.

John

On 7/12/2022 at 9:11 PM, John Dowson said:

Really - where? Controlling anything other than pushback?

When I'm saying controlling, I mean requesting ground services.

I just saw that Pushback Express can request ground services, like the Jetway, Stairs, Catering, Luggage and Ground Power automatically.

On 7/12/2022 at 9:11 PM, John Dowson said:

Most of the ground services functions can only be controlled through the menu system or via ATC

Not really, since I already manage to request all this ground services with a lua script. You gave me the idea for keypress to that control in MSFS, and with the ipc.control, everything is now working. 

When I open the doors of the aircraft, it calls the ground power and catering, after a while luggage and jetway/stairs. Boarding simulated with ipc.sleep, then the jetway/stairs and ground power are disconnected, without the need for ATC and everything automatically.

Thanks a lot for the help John.