The simFlight Network Forums

FSUICP7 not recognizing any axis

Dreamflight767

Hi:

I just purchased both MSFS and FSUIPC7.  I am attempting to calibrate my Alpha Yoke and Bravo Throttle as well as my Thrust Master Side/Joy stick and throttle.

However, when I run FSUIPC7 w/ MSFS running and I move my yoke or throttles, FSUIPIC7 doesn't recognize any of the axes for any of my devices.

They work fine in the sim without FSUIPC and MSFS recognizes them fine too.

Thanks.

FSUIPC7.ini

On 8/21/2022 at 9:23 AM, Dreamflight767 said:

FSUIPIC7 doesn't recognize any of the axes for any of my devices.

What do you mean by this? If you open the axes or button assignments panels and move an axis or press a button, do you not see that recognised?
Your ini file shows 5 devices were recognised and should be available for assignment:

A=T.A320 Pilot
B=Bravo Throttle Quadrant
C=Alpha Flight Controls
D=TCA Q-Eng 1&2
E=MFG Crosswind V2

If you cannot see these devices in the assignments panels, please show me your FSUIPC7.log file.

John

11 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

I fixed this issue.  I just wasn't hitting "rescan" enough I guess.

The first axis value change on any known axis will populate the axis assignment dialog with those details. You press the Rescan button to scan for a different axis. Sometimes a sensitive/jittering axis can make other axes difficult to be recognised - if this happens, you can click the Ignore Axis  button which will then ignore any values from that axis for the rest of the assignment session, i.e. until you close the Axes Assignment panel.

John

On 8/24/2022 at 3:13 AM, John Dowson said:

The first axis value change on any known axis will populate the axis assignment dialog with those details. You press the Rescan button to scan for a different axis. Sometimes a sensitive/jittering axis can make other axes difficult to be recognised - if this happens, you can click the Ignore Axis  button which will then ignore any values from that axis for the rest of the assignment session, i.e. until you close the Axes Assignment panel.

John

Thanks for the tip.