The simFlight Network Forums

Please add unicode to every FSUIPC/WideFs versions or make a official tutorial about this problem

Firstly, Consumers are paying a price for these programs ,and it is also more expensive in a some countries like mine(Turkey) due to currency. If we go to the problem, my fsuipc 7 registration didn't worked due to a unicode problem(I've seen similar problem when dowloanding for fsuipc 6 for P3Dv4 and it doesn't say it is unicode problem I guessed it) ,but I solved this problem by adding registration details manually and it is worked. Please make a official guide to overcome this problem ,because it is not a freeware program and it is expensive.

Note: I wrote this title not for me, for others to easily overcome this problem in the flight simulation community.

To solve a problem, after dowloanding FSUIPC 7 select skip and open the FSUIPC 7 also,open FSUIPC folder. There will be created file which is name FSUIPC7.key than open that file with notepad. After that write these code:

[User]
Name=
Address=
FSUIPC=
NameForWideFS=
WideFSaddress=
WideFS=

And fill that code accordingly to your purchase details. Finaly close the FSUIPC 7 and restart the program. Now you have a registered FSUIPC7/WideFS7 account.

Could you please let me know your FSUIPC7 order number from simmarket and I will check your details here. There is an issue in the installer not correctly validating unicode key details, although these are validated ok by FSUIPC7 itself if you manually create the key file. I will look into this.

On 8/22/2022 at 10:36 AM, tanil2 said:

Please make a official guide to overcome this problem ,because it is not a freeware program and it is expensive.

There are already many posts where this information is available, although they may be difficult to find. I will add a FAQ entry on this (as well as looking to see if I can fix this issue in the installer). You could also have created a User Contribution for this if you think useful for other users.

John

FYI, I have added the following to the Installing and Registering FSUIPC7 guide, under Invalid Key Problems:

If you are using a unicode (non-ascII) character set, then it could be that the installer cannot validate your
key. You can try manually creating your key file. To do this, create a file in your FSUIPC7 installation folder
called
FSUIPC7.key and add the following contents – replacing the parts in bold with the correct details
from your purchase email or SimMarket account:

[User]
    Name=
Name as registered
    Address=Address as registered
    FSUIPC=Your FSUIPC7 Key
    WideFS=Your WideFS Key
Note that you do not need to add the WideFS line if not using WideFS. If you are using WideFS but have
that registered with a different name and/or address, the format of this file is:

[User]
    Name=
Name as registered for FSUIPC7
    Address=Address as registered for FSUIPC7
    FSUIPC=Your FSUIPC7 Key
    NameForWideFS=Name as registered for WideFS7
    WideFSaddress=Address as registered for WideFS7
    WideFS=Your WideFS Key

This updated document will be available in the next release (Sunday 28th August).

John