The simFlight Network Forums

Honeycomb throttle PMDG 737 reverse thrust settings

rondon9898

Hi folks,

I have been trying absolutely every setting I can find and just cant get a decent solution to this. What I want to do is have a situation where selecting the reverse levers on the Honeycomb yoke sets idle reverse, then retarding the levers into the lowest detent gives max reverse, then coming out of the detent goes back to reverse idle, then deselecting the reverse levers reverts to normal idle thrust. I know this is how it works on the A320 and not the 737 in real life, but the reverse selectors on the Honeycomb are only switches and not ‘axes’ as they would be in a real 73. For some reason, I can achieve this in the Fenix A320 without using FSUIPC but can’t in the PMDG 737, even using FSUIPC, whatever setting I try and make. Does anyone know a way around it? Any help appreciated.

10 hours ago, rondon9898 said:

selecting the reverse levers on the Honeycomb yoke

Do you mean the Honeycomb yoke (Alpha) or the throttle (Bravo)? The yoke has no reversers, and with the bravo you also have the reverser axes as well as the detent buttons. And for the PMDG 737, check the available presets for reverser and reverse thrust kill.
Anyway, please clarify what you are using, and I can take a look in more detail later (or tomorrow).

John

No, sorry - there are no reverser axis, just the reverser buttons and throttle detent button.
I have still not configured my throttle on my system with the Bravo - in fact, I need to request a 2nd license for the PMDG 737 before I can do this.
I will request a 2nd license and take a look this week sometime, but maybe someone else with the PMDG 737 and Bravo who has already set this up can help...

John

It would help if you could attach your FSUIPC7.ini file so that I can see what assignments you have made,,,

I've installed the PMDG 737-700 on my system with the Bravo attached now, and will look into configuring the throttle later today and will report back.
I will use the other thread for this issue, and will close this thread now, so please use that topic/thread going forward.

John