The simFlight Network Forums

SU10 LVAR

kingm56

Paul,

I have an interesting problem I'm hoping to get your advice on.  Post SU10, my application will no longer set LVARs; however, it only applies to the FENIX.  John has released a new FSUIPC version with updated libraries and I'm wondering if you're .dll will need the same?

Matt

I can't see any updates to the client-side wasm libraries. It's still showing 0,5.9a as the latest version.

If you want to check if there is a problem is with my DLL, please download John's WASM package called "FSUIPC WASM Module 0.5.9 + WAPI 0.5.10" from fsuipc.com.

Unzip and find the WASMClient folder. In there, run the WASMClient.exe. It will allow you to connect, read and update LVars.

If that doesn't work then the problem is either with the way the aircraft is written, or with John's WASM software.

If iWASMClient CAN update those LVars then the problem is with my DLL. Let me know and I'll look into it.

Paul

Hey Paul!

I can read the LVARs via FSUIPC7, which suggest the WASM client is functioning:

a total of 2246 Lvars loaded

However, I cant write to the lvars; this includes using your MSFSVariableService V1.3.

Interesting, I do get the error:

The installed WASM version is 0.9.0 while the WAPI is expecting WASM version 0.5.9

From the FSUIPC log:
112532 Starting WAPI...
   112532   [INFO]: **** Starting FSUIPC7 WASM Interface (WAPI) version 0.5.11 (WASM version 0.9.0)
   112532   [INFO]: Connected to MSFS
   113407   [INFO]: SimConnect_Close done
   117204 C:\Users\imdag\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\MISSIONS\Custom\CustomFlight\CustomFlight.FLT
   127813 Starting WAPI...
   127813   [INFO]: **** Starting FSUIPC7 WASM Interface (WAPI) version 0.5.11 (WASM version 0.9.0)
   127829   [INFO]: Connected to MSFS

Looks like you have a beta version with newer WASM and WAPI modules.

You'll need to wait for John to also update the FSUIPC_WAPID.dll. That's what my MSFSVariableServices uses and where your error is coming from. You should be able to replace your existing version without any problems, although certain changes might require me to update my DLL.

Paul

Hi, 

After updating to SU10 and the latest SDK, a large part of the interface appears to be broken:

• Not all LVARs are visible (also not in FSUIP's WASMClient), e.g. in FBW A32NX
  • Callbacks on LVARs that I can write to, are not called when values are updated in the sim

@Paul Henty: just to be sure...can this be caused by issues that require fixing by John? 

just to be sure...can this be caused by issues that require fixing by John? 

I don't really know. If the problems are happening with WASMClient then it's not my DLL that's the problem.

I do know John has made some changes to the WASM modules this week, but so far he hasn't updated the release package on FSUIPC. I think the new version is just in Beta at the moment. When it's released there will be an updated WASMClient that uses the new modules, and a new FSUIPC_WAPID.DLL that is used by my MSFSVariableServices.

This might fix your problems. You should probably ask John about all this though,. 

Paul 

We just need to wait for John to release the updated WAPID.dll.

I see he checked the code into GitHub a few hours ago, so I guess the release will be soon.

I also see there is a change to the public interface so I'll need to make a small change in my DLL and push it up to NuGet. But I can't do anything until we get the new WAPID.dll. 

Paul

16 hours ago, Paul Henty said:

A new pre-release version is now on NuGet - Version 3.2.21-beta. Tick the [Include Pre-release] box in NuGet package manager to see it.

It requires the John new beta WASM module (installed with  FSUIPC 7.3.9h) and the 0.9.0 FSUIPC_WAPID.dll. (see post above).

Paul

Thanks, with this update I was able to get my application up and running again!

Hey there, John has released the new FSUIPC 7.3.10 with the new WASM and WAPI 0.9.0. I installed everything and started the MSFS20.
Using my Lua File in the FNX A320 V1.0.4.134 will work Errorfree, but nothing reacts in the Bus. It seems, that setting LVars will not work for me, even if the Script runs well on the former Versions of FSUIPC.

I'll try, to give an Example of one LVar in the Bus.
Issuing this Command ipc.writeLvar("L:S_OH_ELEC_BAT1", 1) should turn on the Battery 1 in the Bus.
I can turn on this Battery with the WASM Client without any Problems. But it does'nt work in my Lua File.
Is there any Hint you can give me? Every try to Help will be highly appreciated. If you need the File or any Log File, please let me know.

Greets and Thanks in Advance, Joachim