The simFlight Network Forums

WASM not working after SU10 update

pbelforte77

I am using FSUIPC7 (version 7.3.10) for connecting an external MCDU.

After updating with SU10, MCDU is no more able to send command to MSFS. Yesterday I checked, and I discovered that, probably, there is an issue with WASM: even if they are enabled , all the other options of the menu are grey and not operable.

What would you suggest me to do?

There is still a minor issue (now corrected, will be released in the next update) that prevents the WASM/WAPI being activated in certain situations. To correct for this, make sure that you have the WAPI explicitly enabled in your FSUIPC7.ini, i.e. make sure you it contains the following section - add or update as needed:

[WAPI]
EnableWAPI=Yes

John

6 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

I increased my logging in hopes you may find what I can't.

Please don't do this if you don't know what logging to set. You already have WAPI debug level logging set (in your FSUIPC7.ini) and that should be sufficient. Turn the other logging off.

From your log, it looks like no aircraft was loaded. You have to have an aircraft selected and be ready-to-fly before you can access or use lvars/hvars/calculator code.

So, please try again and make sure that you have an aircraft loaded and ready-to-fly. If you still have issues, please show me your new log, and also what you actually did - was FSUIPC7 auto-started, or did you start it manually? If the latter, what state was MSFS in when you started FSUIPC7? Note that you should NOT start FSUIPC7 if MSFS is in a pause state.

John

8 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Please don't do this if you don't know what logging to set. You already have WAPI debug level logging set (in your FSUIPC7.ini) and that should be sufficient. Turn the other logging off.

From your log, it looks like no aircraft was loaded. You have to have an aircraft selected and be ready-to-fly before you can access or use lvars/hvars/calculator code.

So, please try again and make sure that you have an aircraft loaded and ready-to-fly. If you still have issues, please show me your new log, and also what you actually did - was FSUIPC7 auto-started, or did you start it manually? If the latter, what state was MSFS in when you started FSUIPC7? Note that you should NOT start FSUIPC7 if MSFS is in a pause state.

John

My apologies, John; I was working off an old playbook.