The simFlight Network Forums

Several missing controls

Will running the v7 .exe remove v6 or do I need to do something else to v6 to stop it's action?

From yesterdays post you said FSUIPC7 can be run without MSFS.  Is that true for P3D?

I just want to provide you the best information.

Thanks

Ed

29 minutes ago, Raceguy said:

Will running the v7 .exe remove v6 or do I need to do something else to v6 to stop it's action?

No, they are independent/distinct applications. Just create an FSUIPC7 folder somewhere, but the FSUIPC7.exe and FSUIPC7.key in the folder and run the exe,

30 minutes ago, Raceguy said:

From yesterdays post you said FSUIPC7 can be run without MSFS.  Is that true for P3D?

Yes, you don't need an FS to run FSUIPC7. You will get a warning/informational message when you open the axes assignment window, but thats it.

31 minutes ago, Raceguy said:

I just want to provide you the best information.

No problem.

Cheers,

John

P.S. Your simpit looks cool!

Thanks for the files and explanation John. I'll run the program and get you the results.

Also thanks for the comment about my pit.  Wife said I could retire early but I had to find something to keep me busy.  This started in 2015 and initially took 2 1/2 years but I've added several updates since then.

Take care

Ed

Just to be sure, when you say same test do mean all of this or just send you the log v7 will create?

registry making a backup with ALL selected

disconnected the 2 DTA devices.

double clicked on the remove encoders file and rebooted. 

reconnect 2 encoders

calibrated the 3 trim rotaries in Windows Calibration. 

move each of the 3 axes through their full range (from min to max and back) with the assignments panel open. And let me know the order in which you tried them

No - just set the logging (you can use the Log->Custom function and enter x1000), open the assignments panel and rotate axis through its full range, then exit and show me the log file.
This will just let me know what movement FSUIPC sees on each axis - there was some movement before but difficult to tell with so much noise/other devices interfering. Let me know the order you rotated the 3 trim switches, and start them all at min, and rotate them to max and back to min again reasonably slowly (a second or so in each direction).

Thanks,

John

John, sorry but I'm stuck again.

I ran the 7.exe as admin, which is how I run all programs, and it created a log, ini and joyscan file but can't see how to get to the logging and assignment tabs to perform the test.

I looked for a v7 folder with the manual like I have for v6 but don't see one.

I ran the exe again thinking that may start the program and it said FSUIPC7 was already running.

Sorry to be a pain.

Ed

Hi John

I didn’t think to look on the system tray to start FSUIPC7, sorry.

Just ran FSUIPC7 setting logging at x1000.

Opened the assignment panel to axis and rotated all 3 trim pots. I started with the rudder, then aileron and finished with elevator trim.  Each pot was turned from min to max and back to min before moving on to the next pot.  (these pots are 10 turn units.)

I then closed FSUIPC7.

I have attached the log file.

Thank you again for your help and patience.

Take care

Ed

FSUIPC7 Gilbert log file.zip

Can you confirm that you did not see the device number and axis letter recognised in the assignments box when you did this test (i.e. they stayed blank), and that the in/out numbers didn't change?

Your latest log shows the rudder trim axis (U) went from 0 -> 65535 -> 0, the aileron trim axis (V) the same, but no movement at all on the elevator trim (R). I would have expected the first two to have been recognised....

John

P.S. Will keep using FSUIPC7 to investigate this, so you can reset your system back to its original state so that you can continue to use it, and any tests for this issue will no longer interfere with that system. You can also try assigning the trim axis/pots with SPAD.next...if you do, let me know how that goes, especially with the elevator trim...

Edited by John Dowson
PS added

The pots I use have a plastic stop inside that can break if the end of the axis is hit too hard.  Because of this I was watching the W10 joystick window so I could see when I was approaching the end of the 10 turns. Because of this I didn't notice the device number and axis letter in the assignments.

Just now I cleared the FSUIPC7 ini and log files and ran the program again this time focused on the assignment screen.

I used the same control order of rudder, then aileron and finished with elevator trim, min, max, min through 10 turns. 

There was a very slight hesitation, a fraction of a second, when I first turned each pot but all 3 registered the device number and axis letter and the in/out ranges showed the values from one end to the other. This is the first time I have seen any movement for the elevator trim.

I have attached an updated log file.

I hope this helps.

Ed

FSUIPC7 Gilbert log file second run.zip

51 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Your latest log shows the rudder trim axis (U) went from 0 -> 65535 -> 0, the aileron trim axis (V) the same, but no movement at all on the elevator trim (R). I would have expected the first two to have been recognised....

This is not correct - all 3 axis were recognised, but the order was R, then U, then V - and according to your assignments, these are assigned to elevator (R), rudder (U) and aileron (V) - so that must have been the order you rotated them in:

[Axes.P-51 MIL]
RangeRepeatRate=10
8=DR,256,D,21,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: ElevatorTrim }-
9=DU,256,D,28,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Rudder Trim }-
10=DV,256,D,27,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Aileron Trim }-

[Axes.P-51 CIV]
RangeRepeatRate=10
0=DZ,256,D,5,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: PropPitch }-
1=DR,256,D,21,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: ElevatorTrim }-
2=DU,256,D,28,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Rudder Trim }-
3=DV,256,D,27,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Aileron Trim }-

Not that important, just wanted the order so that I know what to look for...Maybe better to refer to the axis by its letter rather than the assignment (or both!) so we don't get confused...!

19 minutes ago, Raceguy said:

There was a very slight hesitation, a fraction of a second, when I first turned each pot but all 3 registered the device number and axis letter and the in/out ranges showed the values from one end to the other. This is the first time I have seen any movement for the elevator trim.

Ok, so they are working and recognised in FSUIPC7....can you go back and try again in FSUIPC6 please. No need to attach logs, just see if the axes are recognised and if you see any movement... it gets even more puzzling if they are recognised in FSUIPC7 but not in FSUIPC6 as the code for device handling is the same.
if this is the case, then there must be something else going on when you run FSUIPC6/P3D...

John

Hi John

I have reactivated FSUIPC6 in P3D and all 3 trims are working!!  I have set them for the correct action and calibrated and it looks like I'm back in business.

I'll keep working on the sim and let you know if the issues return.

I can't thank you enough for all of the time and patience you have put into getting this resolved.

Take care

Ed

How strange....

2 minutes ago, Raceguy said:

I can't thank you enough for all of the time and patience you have put into getting this resolved.

But it seems to have resolved itself....still no idea what caused this though, very puzzling...

Anyway, glad is all now working - thats now one weird issue of my list!

Regards,

John