The simFlight Network Forums

MSFS 2020 PMDG Offsets doesn't work with mobiflight

Kentinou

*** Moved from Announcements sub-forum to FSUIPC7 support sub-forum ***

Hello everybdoy,

I would like some help please, I'm trying to use a display for FLT ALT and LAND ALT with mobiflight and 737 PMDG. 

I've already done a FMC, a MCP, EFIS and finally a overhead. For all of this things I never used a offset, only mobiflight event. But for FLT and Land ALT there is no event. 

I have the last version of FSUIPC (7.3.11) and I ve modified the options.ini file. I tried with all offset (old and new). unknown.png.73d846a1d4f53812e4ff049121b4f6c6.png

But it doesn't work at all... I've asked to Jaime and he doesn't know where is the problem. If someone have an idea ? 

Thank you unknown.png.f7807a4ae84af38110d851a8b516dd65.pngunknown.png.efc2dbb08886ad502ffb6b3eb1b93b6c.pngunknown.thumb.png.a95080c18d85f60956919cd6577760f0.png

Edited by John Dowson
Moved to FSUIPC7 support forum

First, you posted in the Announcements sub-forum where it explicitly states NOT for support requests. I have moved your post to the correct forum for FSUIPC7 support requests.

1 hour ago, Kentinou said:

But for FLT and Land ALT there is no event. 

But events are for controlling not reading, and the PMDG offsets are read-only.

If you are trying to read those offsets and they do not contain the information as advertised, then there is not much that can be done at the moment as the PMDG SDK has still not been published. You can check what the offsets are holding by using FSUIPC's offset logging functionality, available from Log->Offsets.... Try logging those offsets (as type AsciiZ) - this will yell you if those offsets are holding the correct data or not. If so, then your issue will be with MobiFlight and/or your configuration. If not. there is not much that can be done until PMDG publish the SDK.

I will also check those offsets in the next few days and get back to you.

John

On 10/11/2022 at 6:41 PM, John Dowson said:

If not. there is not much that can be done until PMDG publish the SDK.

I have just updated to the latest version, 3.0.42, and the SDK has now been published. Looks like there have been no further changes in the SDK, so the current PMDG offset document should be valid. I will check those offsets later today.

John

27 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

I will check those offsets later today.

The offsets are holding the correct data as far as I can tell - this is what I see:

817532 Monitor IPC:656C (AsciiZ) = [5]"35000"
   817532 Monitor IPC:6572 (AsciiZ) = [5]"   50"

and when I change the FLT or LAND ALT:

1468735 Monitor IPC:656C (AsciiZ) = [5]"34500"
  1468891 Monitor IPC:656C (AsciiZ) = [5]"34000"
  1469047 Monitor IPC:656C (AsciiZ) = [5]"33500"
  1469203 Monitor IPC:656C (AsciiZ) = [5]"33000"
  1471078 Monitor IPC:656C (AsciiZ) = [5]"32500"
  1471547 Monitor IPC:656C (AsciiZ) = [5]"32000"
  1475766 Monitor IPC:6572 (AsciiZ) = [5]"   50"
  1476516 Monitor IPC:6572 (AsciiZ) = [5]"  100"
  1476688 Monitor IPC:6572 (AsciiZ) = [5]"  150"
  1477000 Monitor IPC:6572 (AsciiZ) = [5]"  200"

John

With msfs2020 and mobiflight ? 

I presume you are referring to @savery999's response - I would think he is using MobiFlight as he is referring to the 'More Options' checkbox for Substring from/to which you have checked in the image you posted. So, try unchecking that - and also try logging the FSUIPC offsets as I have advised, as this will confirm that the offsets are being populated correctly.

John

• Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 12:49 PM, John Dowson said:

I presume you are referring to @savery999's response - I would think he is using MobiFlight as he is referring to the 'More Options' checkbox for Substring from/to which you have checked in the image you posted. So, try unchecking that - and also try logging the FSUIPC offsets as I have advised, as this will confirm that the offsets are being populated correctly.

John

Still not working i really don't know what's wrong 😞

image.png.5352178dcc95fefc30edeccbeb9234a2.png

13 hours ago, Kentinou said:

Still not working i really don't know what's wrong 😞

Did you check your FSUIPC7.log file to see what it was logging for those offsets? Please do not post screenshots (unless requested) - I need to see your FSUIPC7.log and FSUIPC7.ini files, the former generated with the requested logging activated. This logging will tell you/me if there is a problem with FSUIPC receiving the PMDG data, or if it is a problem with your MobiFlight configuration.

John

58 minutes ago, Kentinou said:

Can you please tell me how to change the path in FSUIPC to put the good one ? I can change it directly in  FSUIPC.1.log ? 

I am not sure what you mean by this... There is no path to MSFS in FSUIPC, and the log is just that - a log file, There is no point in changing that.

Note that the log  file you posted is from 25th April 2022 and is for version 7.3.2, and the ini file you posted from version 7.3.11. Are they from different folders?

I just opened it and I Think the problem is my MSFS folder. I changed my hard disk for MSFS because I didn't have enough space. 

Did you change the location of the MSFS Community folder? If so, maybe the WASM needs re-installing? Although the WASM isn't needed to access PMDG offsets.

I really think you need to check things again at your end. Are you even sure you have enabled data broadcasts for the PMDG 737?

As far as FSUIPC7 is concerned, I suggest that you uninstall it by running the uninstallFSUIPC7.exe that you will find in your FSUIPC7 installation folder. Once it has uninstalled, re-run the installer to re-install - you can choose the same/default folder (C:\FSUIPC7) and your settings (and registration, if registered) will be maintained.

John

I mean, if the path is wrong FSUIPC can't have good information to work ? 

I uninstall FSUIPC and re-install, and check the PMDG option, you can see in FSUIPC7.log :

61375 PMDG 737 offsets enabled

But still doesn't work 😞 I think i'm going to leave this thing.

FSUIPC7.log FSUIPC7.ini 737_Options.ini 737_Options.ini

14 minutes ago, Kentinou said:

I mean, if the path is wrong FSUIPC can't have good information to work ? 

What path is wrong, and what is the correct path? The FS path is taken from your MSFS UserCfg.opt, which is located here:
      C:\Users\bossq\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\UserCfg.opt
And the FLT path is just used for saving and loading flights and flight plans.
BUT, this will have nothing to do with your issue.

19 minutes ago, Kentinou said:

I uninstall FSUIPC and re-install, and check the PMDG option, you can see in FSUIPC7.log :

61375 PMDG 737 offsets enabled

That just means they are enabled in FSUIPC, not in the PMDG aircraft.  Looking at the 737_Options.ini you posted/attached (twice - why?), you do not have data broadcasts enabled in the aircraft. You have:

[SDK]
Enable Data Broadcast=1

whereas it should be

[SDK]
EnableDataBroadcast=1

That is probably your issue....

The log file you posted is also not complete - please always exit FSUIPC7 before attaching a log file. And it still doesn't contain the logging information requested. Your ini file shows that you have selected to send this logging information as a Debug string. Not sure why you selected this - you need to send to Normal log file.

John

My MSFS folder is D:\Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator and the old folder was   C:\Users\bossq\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator. That's because I needed to change my hard disk because he was full. 

I posted twice because one for 737-700 and one for 737-800. 

I selected Debug string just to try if it change something 

When i go in event in FSUIPC I can see when I turn a knob for exemple i turned FLT ALT 

image.png.37274e6bd1a7acc87a5825ea47a2bdd1.png

FSUIPC7.log FSUIPC7.ini

My MSFS folder is D:\Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator and the old folder was   C:\Users\bossq\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator. That's because I needed to change my hard disk because he was full. 

That is the location (well, the Packages folder at that location) shown in the latest log file:

FS path found = D:\Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\

Your UserCfg.opt file is still under C:\Users\bossq\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\ - this does not change, regardless of the installation location.

I posted twice because one for 737-700 and one for 737-800. 

Did you correct them? Are they in the correct location?

When i go in event in FSUIPC I can see when I turn a knob for exemple i turned FLT ALT 

If you activate event logging, you will see the events logged. However, I do not see those in the log file you posted, and event logging is also not activated in the ini you posted.
However, your ini file shows that monitoring is activated for those offsets, but there is no logging on the file - are you sure that they are from the same folder/run? I cannot see how those cannot be logged when requested - do you see those offsets logged in the console window (shown in your screenshot)?

OK so the location of MSFS is not the problem you agree ? 

Yes I correct them like you write
[SDK]
EnableDataBroadcast=1

Location for 737_Options.ini is: (737-700)

D:\Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\pmdg-aircraft-737\work

Location for 737_Options.ini is: (737-800)

D:\Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\pmdg-aircraft-738\work

I just made a new FSUIPC.log document and you will see every events when I press switches 

image.png.2befd1ba169da3a756e4643597aeff9e.png

I also tried to run FSUIPC as admin and I have this message in mobiflight, when FSUIPC start with MSFS I don't have this message.

image.thumb.png.c5a7bb7d9138fa832bc3d5abfbdfc456.png

Would it be easier for you with teamviewer ? 

FSUIPC7.ini FSUIPC7.log

7 minutes ago, Kentinou said:

OK so the location of MSFS is not the problem you agree ? 

Yes.

8 minutes ago, Kentinou said:

I just made a new FSUIPC.log document and you will see every events when I press switches 

And the latest log shows you now have those offsets being monitored:

359 Monitor IPC:6572 (AsciiZ) = [0]""
      359 Monitor IPC:656C (AsciiZ) = [0]""

That is the log of the initial state of the offsets, which shows them empty, which is normal. However, there are no other log entries, which indicate that no PMDG client data is being received. For comparison, this is what I see:

594 Monitor IPC:656C (AsciiZ) = [0]""
      594 Monitor IPC:6572 (AsciiZ) = [0]""

3234 Simulator detected
     8297 SimConnect_Open succeeded
     8297 Running in "KittyHawk", Version: 11.0.282174.999 (SimConnect: 11.0.62651.3)
     8297 MSFS version = 11.0.282174.999
     8297 Initialising SimConnect data requests now
     8297 Offset file 'D:\FSUIPC7\myOffsets.txt' not found (info only)
     8297 Maximum number of custom events available is 1024 (defined by ini parameter MaxNumberOfCustomEvents)
     8297 C:\Users\jldow\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\MISSIONS\Custom\CustomFlight\CustomFlight.FLT
     8297 C:\USERS\JLDOW\APPDATA\ROAMING\MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR\MISSIONS\CUSTOM\CUSTOMFLIGHT\CUSTOMFLIGHT.PLN
     8297 SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-700\aircraft.CFG
     8297 PMDG 737 offsets enabled
     8359 User Aircraft ID 1 supplied, now being used
     8359 C:\USERS\JLDOW\APPDATA\ROAMING\MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR\MISSIONS\CUSTOM\CUSTOMFLIGHT\CUSTOMFLIGHT.PLN
     8453 Aircraft loaded: running normally now ...
     8515 System time = 19/10/2022 12:12:50, Simulator time = 11:01:50 (10:01Z)
     8640 Monitor IPC:656C (AsciiZ) = [5]"35000"
     8640 Monitor IPC:6572 (AsciiZ) = [5]"   50"

15484 -------------------- Starting everything now ----------------------

i.e. the offsets being updated when the data is received from the aircraft.

So, I am pretty syre that you have not enabled data broadcasts in the aircraft.

I see you tried with the 737-800 - can you try the 737-700 and use thar instead as I don't have the 800 (although they should be near-enough the same).

21 minutes ago, Kentinou said:

Location for 737_Options.ini is: (737-700)

D:\Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\pmdg-aircraft-737\work

Location for 737_Options.ini is: (737-800)

D:\Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\pmdg-aircraft-738\work

I don't think those paths are correct....as with your UserCfg.opt file, they should be under your user AppData folder - this doesn't change with your MSFS installation. Try activating data broadcasts in the following locations:
     C:\Users\bossq\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\pmdg-aircraft-737\work\737_Options.ini

C:\Users\bossq\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\pmdg-aircraft-738\work\738_Options.ini

AND check the name of your 738_Options.ini file - previously you posted two 737_Options.ini files and no 738_Options.ini file - is it badly named? If so, the broadcasts will not be enabled.

So, in summary, your issue is with data broadcasts in the PMDG aircraft still not being enabled.

30 minutes ago, Kentinou said:

I also tried to run FSUIPC as admin and I have this message in mobiflight, when FSUIPC start with MSFS I don't have this message.

That is a mobiflight error - I cannot support MobiFlight, you need MobiFligjy support. There should be no difference in behavior with FSUIPC if you start FSUIPC manually or if it is auto-started with MSFS.

John

Oh my god it's finaly working !!!! Thank you so much !!

The problem was the 737_Options.ini,

I changed my hard disk C from D but MSFS recreate folders here    C:\Users\bossq\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\ Packages\pmdg-aircraft-737\work\

but I didn't know that, so I update Options_ini on both disk, C and D !

Thank again !