The simFlight Network Forums

event.offset() question

ark1320

Hi John,

I have an application using the code event.offset(0x6050, "DBL","gps_course_fcn").  My question is, with a high precision ( I assume) data type like DBL, is there some tolerance you use to determine if the value has changed, or will any change in the "DBL" value trigger event.offset?

Also, will a subsequent event.offset call to the function gps_course_fcn kill an existing instance of that function?

Thanks,

Al 

Hi Al,

Any change in the offset value will trigger the event. However, there is a delta specified on request of the simvars for each offset, and so only changed values that differ by more than this delta value will be received.  This delta value for offset 0x6050 (GPS WP BEARING) is 0.009.

John

Great info, thanks John. A delta of 0.009 radians equates to a bearing change of about 1/2 degree.

And do subsequent event.offset function calls kill the previous call if it is still running? I'm asking because I have a delay [ ipc.sleep() ] in the called function.

Al

4 minutes ago, ark1320 said:

And do subsequent event.offset function calls kill the previous call if it is still running? I'm asking because I have a delay [ ipc.sleep() ] built into the called function.

No - you can have multiple event.offset calls on different offsets. if its on the same offset, I'm not sure of that is added or replaced without checking, but a simple test should reveal the answer to this.

John

• Like 1