The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 7.3.12 exe problem

Luigi Martinelli

What do you mean by 'disappears'? Do you see the FSUIPC7 splash screen? Is an FSUIPC7.log file generated - if so, please show it to me.
Otherwise, please update your VC++ redistributables to the latest combined package and try again - uninstall any of the individual packages already installed. Instructions and a link to the VC++ redistributable download page can be found in the README.txt file.

John

16 hours ago, Luigi Martinelli said:

I am past the link to my drive with a short video of what happens

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RtjvCeuEsgHQsrfSIuMRgfBr7yhWSsfZ/view?usp=share_link

I don't have access to that link. However, it is not important - better if you could respond to my previous comment. If there is no FSUIPC7.log file, please show me your InstallFSUIPC7.log file. Also check to see if there is anything in the windows event viewer.

What was the previous version that you were using? Are you using any anti-virus software? If so, maybe check that to see if it is blocking FSUIPC7 somehow.

Note also that the latest version is 7.3.13.

John

Note also that such strange issues can occur if you install by running the installer from withing the zip file, rather than extracting it first. So please download the latest version, extract/unzip the file, then run the installer to re-install. Show me you log files (InstallFSUIPC7.log and FSUIPC7.log) if you still get issues.

John

HI! 😄

here I am with the two files + screenshots.

I run it as an administrator, no problem (at least I think) with the antivirus. I start the installation without first deleting the previous one. I have always done this with the other versions and have never had any of these problems.

Schermata 2022-11-01 alle 17.18.41.png

InstallFSUIPC7.log FSUIPC7.log

The logs you attached are from your previous installation, v7.3.10.

The message doesn't make much sense - it is saying it can't find the file that you double-clicked to run...

You also do not need to run the installer as administrator - it will automatically request admin privileges.

Can you download the latest version (7.3.14), unzip the file and try again - running without admin privileges.  If you get the same problem, then it is a problem with your windows installation. Check/verify your windows installation and maybe also your disk integrity. You could also try opening a command prompt window, change working directory to the installation folder, and then run the installer from there.

• 3 weeks later...

This is certainly not an issue with FSUIPC or the installer, and so there is nothing I can do. It is either something you are doing or system settings (permissions).
You are not even running the FSUIPC7 installer!

As I said before, make sure you unzip the downloaded file before running the installer, and I recommend just unzipping from your Downloads folder (not in your desktop).
And check any anti-virus software which may be blocking or removing the installer. Have you actually checked it is there? Did you try what I suggested in my previous response?

I am closing this thread now as thee i really nothing more I can say or do on this issue. Try google (as this is nothing to do with FSUIPC).

John