The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC A32NX FBW Problems

Bonky

Hi there,

Ive just recently installed the new FSUIPC7 for MSFS and have loved using it so far with the FBW A32NX mod for the 320NEO - so Pete, THANK YOU!!

However, I do have a few issues I would like to see if someone can provide the answer to. I want to assign the APU Bleed button to a switch on my throttle quadrant, but can’t seem to find the right command. I have APU_BLEED_AIR_SOURCE_TOGGLE, and APU_BLEED_AIR_SOURCE_SET - but these do absolutely nothing in sim. 

Secondly, I can’t seem to find commands to the following items:

1. T.O Config TEST

2. Crew Supply Oxygen

3. CALLS - All (dinging the cabin)

4. Emergency Exit Lights

5. Transponder: STBY, TA, TA/RA

6. Transponder, NAV: STBY, AUTO, ON

I know in previous versions of FSUIPC you could create a simply mouse macro and then assign a button or switch to this custom macro, but there does not seem to be an option to do this in the latest version :((((

Any and all help appreciated!

Thanks,

Milo

3 hours ago, Bonky said:

Ive just recently installed the new FSUIPC7 for MSFS and have loved using it so far with the FBW A32NX mod for the 320NEO - so Pete, THANK YOU!!

Thank you - but it is now John not Pete - Pete retired a few years ago.

3 hours ago, Bonky said:

However, I do have a few issues I would like to see if someone can provide the answer to. I want to assign the APU Bleed button to a switch on my throttle quadrant, but can’t seem to find the right command. I have APU_BLEED_AIR_SOURCE_TOGGLE, and APU_BLEED_AIR_SOURCE_SET - but these do absolutely nothing in sim. 

Secondly, I can’t seem to find commands to the following items:

1. T.O Config TEST

2. Crew Supply Oxygen

3. CALLS - All (dinging the cabin)

4. Emergency Exit Lights

5. Transponder: STBY, TA, TA/RA

6. Transponder, NAV: STBY, AUTO, ON

I know in previous versions of FSUIPC you could create a simply mouse macro and then assign a button or switch to this custom macro, but there does not seem to be an option to do this in the latest version :((((

Any and all help appreciated!

No, there are no mouse macros in FSUIPC7 / MSFS. Many aircraft in MSFS make extensive use of Lvars, and there are also new variable types that you can investigate - mainly hvars,  which are HTML variables which are used to acrivate UI components. However, the easiest way to use lvars and hvars (as well as other variable types, such as z cars) is to use calculator code, and the easiest way to use calculator code is to use the provided presets, available in the control assignment dialog boxes by selecting the checkbox Select for Preset. The presets provided are from the Hub Hop resource which is a community driven effort led by MobiFlight - see https://hubhop.mobiflight.com/presets/. Also see the Advanced User guide on how to use lvars/hvars/presets in FSUIPC7, in the WASM section.

Looking at the preset list, the following look applicable for replacements to APU_BLEED_AIR_SOURCE_TOGGLE and APU_BLEED_AIR_SOURCE_SET for the FBW A320:
    A32NX_APU_BLEED_OFF_OFF
    A32NX_APU_BLEED_ON_ON
and maybe:
    A32NX_OH_APU_BLEED_TOG

There are many other bleed controls - please take a look at the MF Hub Hob site. It has a good search interface and you should be able to locate the presets needed for the items you need, and the presets you see there should be available for assignment in FSUIPC7.

John