The simFlight Network Forums

[Buttons] Numbering Wraps Around at 2099?

pilotjohn

Hi Pete and John,

I'm trying to make my button configuration more manageable and have been renumbering my configuration.

I'm spacing the numbers by the 10s (since I have multiple assignment for many) to make it easier to locate related actions in the future.

I am also using <1000 for real buttons and 1000+ for the virtual joysticks, where the thousands is the joystick number (e.g 1000 = first, 2000 = second), then the button number * 10.

This would work greats, however it looks like the numbers are only supported up to 2099, at which point things are ignored, and new assignments wrap to 0.

With the virtual joystick 9, for example, I would like the use the range 9000-9310.

Is it possible to increase the allowed numbering?

Thanks,

PJ

11 hours ago, pilotjohn said:

Is it possible to increase the allowed numbering?

Maybe...I am not 100% sure about any side-effects of this change, but I have updated to allow up to 9999 in the attached beta version, 7.3.16c.
Please test this and let me know if ok or not - if not, then I will reverse this and look in more detail when time permits, but this will be very low priority.

John

FSUIPC7.exe

Yes, I have checked further and it shouldn't present any issues. However, it will increase the time taken to read the buttons section, although this shouldn't be an issue. I may move this setting to an ini parameter if I get time - I will let you know if I do this before release.

John

5 hours ago, John Dowson said:

This will be moved to an ini parameter when I release 7.2.16, so I suggest that you add the following now to the [General] section of your FSUIPC7.ini file:
    MaxButtonAssignments=9999

This will prevent issues when you update to the released version.

John

Ack, thanks.