The simFlight Network Forums

Flap settings

Hi

I try to set the so calleed detente values for flaps since I use PMDG 737 simulator.

Somehow the FSUIPC collects some kind of data somehere from at sets the box Current aircraft to Boeing 737-80 NGX....

But whenm I use those settings the flaps positions are wrong since I need to move the handle to more next value which means if I want flaps 5 I need to set it almost at the 10 position for 5 to be set.

And when I try to set Dt options nothing happens when I use the flaps it is just dead.

I have tried to box the filter but nothing happens.
So how do you setup the flaps with the strange detente option so it works correctly?

I have calibrated the setup I have so that is not the problem I use windows game controller AND DIView, nothing helps sadly.

Why is this causing so much problems_ 

23 minutes ago, sebpil said:

Somehow the FSUIPC collects some kind of data somehere from at sets the box Current aircraft to Boeing 737-80 NGX....

That will (most probably) be the profile name. If you want a separate profile for the PMDG 737, remove that aircraft from the profile section in your FSUIPC?.ini file - (you don't say what version of FSUIPC or FS you are using!).

25 minutes ago, sebpil said:

But whenm I use those settings the flaps positions are wrong since I need to move the handle to more next value which means if I want flaps 5 I need to set it almost at the 10 position for 5 to be set.

Then set-up a new profile for the PMDG 737...

26 minutes ago, sebpil said:

And when I try to set Dt options nothing happens when I use the flaps it is just dead.

I have tried to box the filter but nothing happens.
So how do you setup the flaps with the strange detente option so it works correctly?

I have calibrated the setup I have so that is not the problem I use windows game controller AND DIView, nothing helps sadly.

Why is this causing so much problems_ 

No idea - please see the section CALIBRATING FLAPS WITH SPECIFIC DÉTENTES in the FSUIPC User Guide.

Any further issues or questions, please include your FSUIPC ini and log files - and it would help if you let me know what FS you are using.

John

Thank you but would be nice to be able to download the manual somewhere. To find it all the time years after installation and no need to use it, just reffering to the user guide is easy, but you need t find it first. And there is no hint where to find it either....if I had the user manual I would probably not ask any questions here......

5 minutes ago, sebpil said:

Thank you but would be nice to be able to download the manual somewhere. To find it all the time years after installation and no need to use it, just reffering to the user guide is easy, but you need t find it first. And there is no hint where to find it either....if I had the user manual I would probably not ask any questions here......

Well, as I don't know what version of FSUIPC you are using, I am not sure -  for FSUIPC4/5, they will be installed in an  FSUIPC Documents folder under your FSUIPC installation folder. For FSUIPC6/7, they will be installed under your Windows Documents folder. The provided Installing and Registering FSUIPC document, available both in your FSUIPC documents folder AND in the fsuipc zip file you downloaded that contains the installer, details what is installed and where.

They are also available from the Download Links -> Documentation section of this forum, although the ones there will not be the latest as I updated those less frequently.

I don't know how to make this more obvious....I suggest you just look for them....

John

No problem it took a while and I found it. Why don't you have the manuals to download in a section on your site?
It should be made very obvious on your site, when you reference to the manual, put in a link in that text. Because I see you point to the manual 99 out of 100 times. And the manual is not 100%, it is a bit flimsy.

However I found my way of setting the flaps and now it works.

Have a great week.

7 minutes ago, sebpil said:

Why don't you have the manuals to download in a section on your site?

We do - they are here: 

I have not put them on www.fsuipc.com as I don't think they are needed....this has never been a problem before...

In an ideal world, I would also have the manuals in html format on the website. If only I had time to do such things....! 

John

7 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

We do - they are here: 

I have not put them on www.fsuipc.com as I don't think they are needed....this has never been a problem before...

In an ideal world, I would also have the manuals in html format on the website. If only I had time to do such things....! 

John

The best way is to have them on that site, no questions, no problems. Or post them in the Forum with a link to a simple download of the PDF version. No need for HTML version that is useless. PDF is much better.

I found my file and have it in a safe place now for next time.
But its very easy to make a short download link so the user gets the PDF file. Forget the HTML version that is way too much work for you and not needed. PDF, much better.

Have a nice week,

Sebastian

18 minutes ago, sebpil said:

Or post them in the Forum with a link to a simple download of the PDF version.

As I keep saying, they are available in the forum from that link I posted. I will also add a link to www.fsuipc.com.

No need for HTML version that is useless

This would be useful for many support questions as I could then post a link to the relevant html section of the documentation for support requests that are covered by the documentation.

that is way too much work for you

Well, I should be able to export the original documents to html format (and maybe tweak a bit), rather than pdf. This has been on my to-do list for a long time, but unfortunately I don't have much spare time after dealing with support request and keeping up with FS updates....

I would also like to start a wiki for questions/answers, but again, its a matter of resources (mainly time!)...just me supporting many products, both freeware and payware...

Not many users actually look at the current resources available  - documentation, FAQ, User Contributions, contents of the support forum...

image.thumb.png.a0c8055d455ea5bb4fac973ecb2d8ca9.png

John