The simFlight Network Forums

[Licensing] - Educational use?

Calvin

Hello,

I'm planning to use the FSUIPC at a university for educational purposes. As our legal department is pretty strict, I beforehand need a confirmation that I can use FSUIPC7 with the version available at simMarket for this purpose. In case there is a different version for educational use I would definitely buy that one.

A short answer by @Pete Dowson would certainly be sufficient.

Kind regards,

Calvin

Some additonal information may be found here: https://www.dlr.de/schoollab/en/desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-14276/24752_read-62902/

4 minutes ago, Calvin said:

I beforehand need a confirmation that I can use FSUIPC7 with the version available at simMarket for this purpose.

The license available from SimMarket is for personal use. Commercial use requires a different license and I should be contacted to discuss requirements.

For educational (not including paid pilot training!) and charity use, you can use a single-user license  (from SimMarket) and I will allow this to be used in an educational environment.

11 minutes ago, Calvin said:

A short answer by @Pete Dowson would certainly be sufficient.

You will not get an answer from Pete as he retired a few years ago. It is me that develops and supports FSUIPC these days.

Regards,

John

Thank you very much for the fast response.

As students and school classes can visit the SchoolLab and FlightSimulator free of charge to learn more about physics and aviation it's then definitely the educational (single-user license) from SimMarket.

Regards,

Calvin