The simFlight Network Forums

Weird voiceover describing attitude pitch during training

hokfujow@gmail.com

Hello - I'm using the most recent version of FSUIPC7 with MSFS, also up to date.  I recently did a new install on a new computer.  During one of the built in trainings, I started hearing a voice (different voice than instructor) calling out what sounded like internal commands related to whether my pitch was correct relative to the lesson.  These also were shown in the objectives window as they were spoken.  Here's an example:

Disconnecting FSUIPC returns behavior to normal with the regular instructor narrating the lesson.  Reconnecting FSUIPC recreates this other voice.  

The only settings I've changed from default were to send the elevator to FSUIPC for calibration.  (At least, that's the only setting I'm aware that I changed).  

This hadn't happened in my previous installation but I hadn't used that in several months.  

Thanks!

Edit:  I didn't mention this as it didn't seem relevant, but I did turn on these settings. 

image.png.4a1f110900390578c80f789e48734e76.png

Edit 2:  Turning off the autosave options may have resolved this. It seems unlikely and it was a very quick  check but initially, the problem seems to go away with both of the above options unchecked.  Is that possible? 

Sorry, but I don't understand this - FSUIPC does nothing with objectives or voices...
This sounds like its coming from MSFS's assistance options - you should check there. Does this only happen in one of the training sessions, and if so in which one?
FSUIPC doesn't know if you are in a training session, and activity or a free flight - they are all the same as far as FSUIPC is concerned.

6 minutes ago, hokfujow@gmail.com said:

Disconnecting FSUIPC returns behavior to normal with the regular instructor narrating the lesson.  Reconnecting FSUIPC recreates this other voice.  

The only way I can think of that FSUIPC could be involved in this is if something is assigned that sends something (a keypress I would have thought...) that activates this somehow.
I would check MSFS's Assistance Options (probably Notification settings) and compare them to then FSUIPC is running and when not running to see if they change - or just turn those off if on.

I can't see how FSUIPC can be changing this, but you can attach your FSUIPC7.ini and FSUIPC7.log files and I can take a look. For the latter, activating logging for Buttons & Keys and Events first, and exit FSUIPC7 when you see the issue. And let me know the training session or sessions where you observe this behavior so I can check this here....

John