The simFlight Network Forums

Axes does not set

Denis Albisser

Hi,

I am using MSFS (store version) and Asobo cessna 172 classic, FSUIPC 7.3.19.

My axes configurattion worked since years and I didn't change anything on my setup. Suddenly, I note a strange behaviour with my Cessna.

The brakes are not correctly managed : I can scan the left brake and right brake axis, they are detected and I can assign them to a direct calibration.

But in the calibration box, they appear "not assigned" and pressing "Set" has no effect, but the values change as always when i press the pedals. So, I cannot invert them and taxiing is a nightmare. This behaviour happens only for the brakes, the other axis react correctly when I press the "Set" button...

So, I cannot invert the axis and when i press the pedals, the brakes are off, but the sim detects the pedal positions, My CH products rudder is functional.

I have checked there is no control for the brakes in the MSFS config.

I have tried to edit the ini file, copy and past the brake lines from another aircraft but no effect.

Best regards

FSUIPC7.log FSUIPC7.ini

As the  Asobo cessna 172 classic (aka "Cessna Skyhawk Asobo") uses your dr400 profile - does this occur with all aircraft using that profile, or only this one? It would strike me as very strange if this only occurs to this aircraft in this profile... Also strange that this suddenly started!

You have got DirectAxesToCalibs set (to Yes) in your profile - not sure why you have set this. Anyway, I have cleaned your ini a bit, so could you please try the attached (save/rename your current FSUIPC7.ini, and then download the attached to your FSUIPC7 installation folder). If you get the same issue, could you generate another log file for me, with Axes Controls logging enabled as well as Extras logging, but just load the aircraft, and then activate the left brake through its full range, then the right brake, and then exit FSUIPC7. Then attach the log and ini files again.

And if you really need DirectAxesToCalibs set (please see the Advanced User guide for this ini parameter), try setting that to All instead of Yes - this will allow offset writes for axis inputs to the brakes to be calibrated, where Yes will only allow this for rudder, aileron and elevator axis offsets,

FSUIPC7.ini

Hi,

THANK YOU !!!

Yes, this behaviour was common for all aircrafts from the DR400 profile

Your ini file has corrected everything and allowed me to set the brake axis like a charm.

I really don't know why this happened, i didn't change the axis since a while.

The only new thing in my setup was that it happened immediatly after pop out manager installation.

Best regards

12 hours ago, Denis Albisser said:

The only new thing in my setup was that it happened immediatly after pop out manager installation.

I don't know what "pop out manager" is but I would be very surprised if that updated your FSUIPC7.ini file....anyway, glad its all working again.

John