The simFlight Network Forums

I am using P3Dv5 and FSUIPC6.

I have recently installed an X-Touch Mini controller and can program this with SPAD.NEXT.

Unfortunately, I need to create mouse macros for some aircraft buttons and FSUIPC6 does not recognise the controller is installed.

I note the FSUIPC6.ini file has a section [JoyNames]. Is is just a matter of finding the GUID of the device and manually adding it to the end of that section?

If not, do you have a suggestion?

8 hours ago, allan.kidd@optusnet.com.au said:

I note the FSUIPC6.ini file has a section [JoyNames]. Is is just a matter of finding the GUID of the device and manually adding it to the end of that section?

No - that section is automatically generated by FSUIPC, and should not be touched unless assigning your own "joyletters"

What type of device is this  X-Touch Mini controller? FSUIPC should recognise all HID joystick type devices. If its a HID / USB device but no a joystick type device. you will have to use lua. There is a demo script provided called HidDemo.lua which you can adapt and try.

If its an XINPUT type device (as opposed to DirectInput) then you need to download and install a conversion utility called XInput Plus, available from https://www.play-old-pc-games.com/compatibility-tools/xinput-plus-tutorial/. With XINPUT devices, FSUIPC will only detect button presses when it has the focus.

John

Thanks for your reply.

FYI - The X-Touch mini is by Behringer - see the web site www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0B3M.

The device is supported by utilities SPAD.NEXT for P3D and X-plane - and - X-Keypad for X-Plane.

It is MIDI/USB interface.

The device provides 48 (24x2) push buttons and 16 (8x2) rotary knobs - a switch doubles up on the use of eachphysical button.

I will have a look at lua script and keep searching for a solution.

Allan

There was a similar request for support for a MIDI output device called Loopedeck: 

Someone developed an application so that this can be used with FSUIPC. Maybe that can be adapted for the  X-Touch mini?

I have no plans to add direct support for such devices in FSUIPC. I don't know much about midi-output devices, and how they interact with the low-level windows HID interface, which is what FSUIPC uses for controllers.

John