The simFlight Network Forums

Windows 10 and FSUIPC v4.977

Hi 

I installed the current version for fsx se on a windows 10 Pc but got an error message, I deleted all the files from the modules folder so I could start a new install but the installer wont run even when I run as administrator.

Cheers 

Rhys 

6 hours ago, Reco said:

I installed the current version for fsx se on a windows 10 Pc but got an error message,

The screenshot says its version 4.934, so you need to update. If FSUIPC is crashing on start-up, then this is normally due to a corrupt weather file.  Try disabling weather by setting 

NoWeatherAtAll=Yes

to the [General] section of your FSUIPC4.INI file. If this solves it then either your wxstationlist.bin file is corrupt, or one of the .wx files saved with scenarios is bad.
To resolve this, delete all of the .WX files from your FS Documents folder (where your flights are stored), and the file "wxstationlist.bin" in your <user>\AppData\Roaming folder for FSX.
If that doesn't solve your issue, please show me/attach your FSUIPC4.log file, and also your InstallFSUIP4.log file if this issue only appeared after updating.

6 hours ago, Reco said:

I deleted all the files from the modules folder so I could start a new install but the installer wont run even when I run as administrator.

Why won't it run? What error do you get? If it ran previously, I can't see why it won't run again, You can try re-downloading the zip file, unzip it (don't run it from the zip file) and try again,
And there is no need to delete any files.

Hi John

Thank you for the quick reply. Could you point me in the right direction for the update. I will give that a try first. There is nothing in the FSX doc folder just the logbook.bin file

Its running again but still the same error 

I have installed steam and fsx se on a second PC running windows 10 just to test things out

I am going to have to  moving my Sim computer from windows 7 to 10 as steam will end its client portal on Jan 2024

Cheers 

Rhys 

Hi 

Located  the new installer in the downloads  version 4977 removed the installer  from zip file but when I went go to run it nothing happens I just get the blue circle spinning 

Rhys 

When you run the installer, the first thing that should happen is that windows should show a 'User Account Control' window that ask you to grant permission for it to modify your system. Check your task bar to see if that window is iconised for some reason. You can also try right-clicking and 'Run as administrator'.

Hi John

Thanks  for your response.

I  disabled anti virus and run as admin, still no go. The weird thing is I downloaded the msfs2020 version and clicked on the installer and that brings up 'User Account Control' window 

I re downloaded the fsx se version but still nothing 

Regards 

Rhys 

Sorry, but I don't know what else to advise. You can check the windows Event viewer to see if anything is reported there. You can also check that your VC++ redistrubutables are up to date - but I have never seen an issue with the VC++ redistributables with FSUIPC4 before....

There is nothing wrong with the installer - it has been downloaded and used by thousands of people without issue. The issue is certainly specific to your system and I cannot advise any further on this. If all else fails, you can try manually installing FSUIPC4. To do this, create a Modules folder under your FSX folder and place the FSUIPC4.dll in it. You then need to manually modify the FSX dll.xml file, located under
    <your user account>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX
If the dll.xml file doesn't exist, you can create it with the following content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
        <Disabled>False</Disabled>
        <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

If it exists, just add the FSUIPC4 <Launch.Addon> section

John

FSUIPC4.dll

Hi John

clicked on installer and selected Trouble shoot compatibility and that fixed it. For some reason in compatibility mode it selected windows 8. Maybe there is an issue with my system as devise and drives are not showing in file explorer

Cheers 

Rhys