The simFlight Network Forums

How to open Doors via Lua Script in MD11F

Airbuspilot

Hello there,
i need another Help with the MD11F in MSFS2020.

There are several SimConnect Variable, to open the Doors. I.E. EXIT OPEN:1
In the Documentation i found, that is the Offset 0x3367. But i have no Idea, how to use that Offset in a Lua Script for Open/Close the Doors.

Could anyone please help me out? Thanks a Lot in Advance.

Joachim

5 hours ago, Airbuspilot said:

In the Documentation i found, that is the Offset 0x3367. But i have no Idea, how to use that Offset in a Lua Script for Open/Close the Doors.

Could anyone please help me out? Thanks a Lot in Advance.

To use for read or write?

To write,  you can use the lua function ipc.control with the Offset Byte Set control - from page 33 of the Advanced User guide:
        x0100zzzz Offset Byte Set (offset = zzzz), hexadecimal

As the offset holds the value for (up to) 8 doors, you need to read the current value, change the bit for the door you want to control (using the lua Logic library) and then write the value back.

To read, just read the byte value and use the lua logic library to test each bit for the door needed. To get events on change, you can use the event.offsetmask function.

However, this assumes that the aircraft is actually using this simvar... It could be, but many aircraft add-ons (and provided) don't actually use this simvar, and use lvars instead. So. before anything, try logging that offset (as an Unsigned Byte in hex) and see how it changes when you open/close the doors. If it changes as expected, then should be ok to use, but also be-aware of the note on this offset:
    Doors' states depend upon aircraft position (e.g. ramp, gate, or connected to jetway) and don't respond.
    Further information / Asobo support required. Seehttps://forum.simflight.com/topic/90252-door-offset-not-functifor further info.

Sorry, but I don't have the MD11F so cannot look into this further for you. I will update the title of your post - please always include the aircraft if it is an aircraft-specific issue.

John

• Thanks 1

• John Dowson changed the title to How to open Doors via Lua Script in MD11F

Hi John,
i will again thank you so much for your valuable Explanation.
With a deep Look inside the FSUIPC.log, i found the Values to open/close the Doors via ipc.control.

If i have special Questions regarding a Plane in the Future, i will then state this in the Title.
Thanks again for your Help.

Joachim