The simFlight Network Forums

Ghost events with Sim open but no flight running

toby23

Hi John,

Trying to track down where these events are coming from that are appearing in the FSUIPC Event Log.

I am seeing stutters in my VR headset that I don't see in the Headset mirror on my 2d screen and they happen in the same rhythm as these events appear in the log.

I might be going crazy but I might not.

I am currently at the Sim main menu and these events are still happening. 

I have unplugged all devices except the Reverb G2 headset and they are still running. 

Any help much appreciated!

Toby

ghosting.JPG

15 hours ago, toby23 said:

Trying to track down where these events are coming from that are appearing in the FSUIPC Event Log.

All logged events come from the simulator. Many MSFS aircraft continually emit certain events, and such events emitted vary by aircraft. You can ignore these by using the DontLogThese ini parameter, best used in a profile section - see the Advanced User guide for details.

I am currently at the Sim main menu and these events are still happening. 

That is strange - you don't usually get aircraft events shown when in the main menu. What aircraft do you have loaded?

I have unplugged all devices except the Reverb G2 headset and they are still running. 

The events shown will not depend upon any devices, unless it is that device (usually a joystick type device) that is programmed/assigned to send the events. However, FSUIPC will not send any assigned controls/events when the FS is in the main menu..

I don't think the logging of these events can be related to the stuttering, You can try with logging disabled. You can also try in dev mode and open the MSFS (logging) console to see what messages are logged there.

You can also post/attach your full FSUIPC7.log file here and I will take a look - can't tell much from a snapshot of a log extract.

John