The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG seatbelt switch detection

Hello!

I have searched a lot on how to fix this issue but Google has not been kind to me this time.

My question is, what is the best way to detect the position of the PMDG seatbelt switch?
We have it mapped on the 0x341D offset, which works on most aircraft addons but not with PMDG.

We need it for the A PILOT'S LIFE - CHAPTER 2 addon.

Thank you very much for your help!
Ovidiu Ocnaru

Which PMDG aircraft? Check the SDK documents - for the 737 there is the following SDK variable at offset 0x6477 (and at offset 0x643D in the 777): ELEC_IFEPassSeatSw

And the variable SIGNS_SeatBeltsSelector at offset 0x6C2B in the 747.

If it isn't any of those, you are probably better off asking about this in the PMDG support forums.

John

You still haven't said which aircraft you are using. Check the PMDG SDK document for the aircraft you are using - looking at the 737 document, there is this offset:

649F 1 BYTE COMM_FastenBeltsSelector 0: OFF 1: AUTO 2: ON

So maybe try that one. Note that you must have enabled data broadcasts in the PMDG aircraft to have the PMDG-specific offsets populated - this is explained in the document itself.

John

Thank you! Indeed I tried that one as well with the enable data broadcast on. But no luck.

Also considering that we are shipping my app to a lot of users i think they will not be inclined to touch the .ini file.

In any case thank you very much for your help. Your information is very precious. We will see what we can do in the future.

All the best,

Ovidiu

2 hours ago, ovy1113 said:

Thank you! Indeed I tried that one as well with the enable data broadcast on. But no luck.

If that offset is not populated for the 737, then you should report to PMDG. if using the 747, try this one:

6C2B 1 BYTE SIGNS_SeatBeltsSelector

Also considering that we are shipping my app to a lot of users i think they will not be inclined to touch the .ini file.

Can you not do this in your installer? You really need this enabled if you want to use the extra data provided by the PMDG SDKs.

In any case thank you very much for your help. Your information is very precious. We will see what we can do in the future.

Ok, thanks.

Regards,

John