The simFlight Network Forums

how to implement beta prop reverse range for turboprops without a button press

P3DV4.5

Win7 Pro

Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas X

current reference: Single Engine Turboprop profile

I have spent the last three nights doing searches here and on the usual forums for a way to implement triggering a beta range on my MV PC-6, MV Turbine Otter, Aerosoft Twin Otter, and Aerosoft OV-10 Bronco. A lot of the research pointed up solutions that required using a throttle quadrant that contained a button at the end of travel to trigger reverse. That is not applicable to my throttle.

My throttle/power lever quadrant has a detent at roughly the mid point of the travel. I would like forward thrust to begin at the mid point detent and increase to the top of travel. I would like reverse thrust to begin at the mid point detent and increase until the bottom of the travel.

I am totally illiterate at coding, so if you suggest a LUA or LINDA  solution please include a verbatim txt file example so I can "monkey see - monkey do" it into FSUIPC.

Thanks in advance for the accumulated wisdom and brain power represented here.

Obie

Thrustmaster-T-Flight-Hotas-X-Side.png

FSUIPC6.ini FSUIPC6.log

Did you try this, as specified on page 44 of the FSUIPC6 User guide:

If you have a single throttle control and you’d like to have an idle and reverse zone on this, then in the throttle part of page 1 select the “Map to 4 throttles” option. Then turn to page 3 of 6 and calibrate your throttle using the throttle 1 axis. The other three will match exactly. Choose the minimum (full reverse) and maximum (full forward) in the usual way, but make a centre ‘idle’ zone wherever you want it on your lever’s movement—close to a détente or other stop if you have one.

Don't forget to uncheck the NRZ (No Reverse Zone) checkbox on page 3 of the calibration screens when you calibrate.

Otherwise, if you don't want to map to 4 throttles, you can assign to throttle 1 (and maybe also throttle 2) instead of just throttle, and then calibrate them on page 3 of the calibration screens, making sure NRZ is unchecked.

John

Here are my settings. Should Exclude THROTTLEn_SET be checked??

Is there something wrong with the selections on pg 1 of Main Flight Controls in Joystick Calibration? Also where is the "“Map to 4 throttles” option"betapropsettings.jpg.9e2bff52612eefcddbfdbf656351969c.jpgbetapropsettings_2.jpg.03580fb7eaf3c00a71088c68117feb0b.jpg

1 hour ago, mslim said:

Should Exclude THROTTLEn_SET be checked?

Shouldn't matter as it should be using the AXIS_THROTTLEn_SET controls, but if you are using the THROTTLEn_SET controls and you don't see the calibration values change, then uncheck it.

1 hour ago, mslim said:

Is there something wrong with the selections on pg 1 of Main Flight Controls in Joystick Calibration? 

No...they look pretty standard,,,,

1 hour ago, mslim said:

Also where is the "“Map to 4 throttles” option"

You have to clear the Throttle calibration to see this - click the Reset button for the Throttle.

Also better to set a larger idle range for the individual throttle calibration rather than just 0...

• Like 1