The simFlight Network Forums

ADF Frequency

imperial321

How are you currently tuning the ADF? This should be possible either using the standard controls or using the FSUIPC ADF frequency offsets. However this can also depend on the aircraft, as some add-ons can implement their own controls (via lvars or custom controls) and not respect the provided controls/events or simvars.

I have also noticed that writing to the ADF1/2 standby frequency offsets at 0x0284, 0x0286, 0x0288 and 0x028A was disabled in an earlier version of FSUIPC7. Not sure why this was, but I will re-enable these and check if they are working.

Anyway, could you show me your assignments (attach your FSUIPC7.ini file) and let me know which aircraft you are using.

Thanks,

John

What aircraft allow a decimal part for the ADF frequency in the ADF panel? I have checked several aircraft and none I can find so far allow a decimal part to be set.

Also please see this - it relates to x-Plane but is still relevant: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/202498-how-to-change-the-decimal-in-the-adf/

John

Also, I have noticed in the JF PA28 Arrow, if I set an ADF frequency (no decimal allowed when selecting) and keep the mouse over the frequency knob, the decimal part increments from 0 to 9 and then back again, changing approx every 4 seconds, and I see  ADF Fract Inc/Dec Carry events being sent (9 inc events, followed by 9 dec events, then repeating). So it looks like the ADF for that aiircraft scans the decimal frequencies, although they are not displayed.