The simFlight Network Forums

"Error setting Client Data Calculator Code" when using execCalcCode

Fragtality

15 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Can you test with the main window open - I would like to know if the UI responds when you get this hang/freeze.

It does not response any more (Windows displays even "No Response" in the Windows Title)

15 hours ago, John Dowson said:

You access the logging console via Log->Open Console. This shows a real-time view of the FSUIPC7.log file. I would like to know if messages are till logged after the freeze, so keep that open.

That is interestingly still active, but seems to be stuck in a Loop. (Like in previous Logs)

Logs.zip

Ok - that log shows that there is an issue with the lvar values lock/mutex:

203000 17556  [DEBUG]: # Requesting lvM lock...

That lock us never obtained. This looks to be due to successive config updates being received before the previous one is fully processed. Hopefully this is corrected in the attached version.

Any issues, can you attach the log file again - maybe two copies, one the file when you get the hang, and again after you have killed/stopped FSUIPC7. Thanks.

John

FSUIPC7.exe

3 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Ok - that log shows that there is an issue with the lvar values lock/mutex:

That lock us never obtained. This looks to be due to successive config updates being received before the previous one is fully processed. Hopefully this is corrected in the attached version.

Any issues, can you attach the log file again - maybe two copies, one the file when you get the hang, and again after you have killed/stopped FSUIPC7. Thanks.

John

FSUIPC7.exe 661 kB · 2 downloads

Looks promising after a quick Test, Thanks! 🙂

Just now, Fragtality said:

Looks promising after a quick Test, Thanks! 🙂

Great! Thanks for all your help tracking this one down!

I will release a new beta tomorrow, as a full installer (including WASM + updated documentation). The additional log messages I added for this will be removed, and input parameter values will be logged correctly. Please update to this version once released.

I will probably release this version officially the following week, if no other issues are reported.

Cheers,

John

On 11/25/2023 at 6:06 PM, Fragtality said:

Even though my Tools don't have a Problem with that (they're designed to be even started before the Sim): Would it be possible to have an additional RunIf Option in the Future - maybe let's call it "PROC" or so. It would start the given Program when SimConnect is ready to process.

The next beta release, 7.4.0b, which will be released tomorrow, will allow for an additional parameter for [Programs] section entries: CONNECTED. This will delay the start of programs until FSUIPC is connected to MSFS (via SimConnect) and has received the initial data to populate the offsets.

John

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, John Dowson said:

The next beta release, 7.4.0b, which will be released tomorrow, will allow for an additional parameter for [Programs] section entries: CONNECTED. This will delay the start of programs until FSUIPC is connected to MSFS (via SimConnect) and has received the initial data to populate the offsets.

John

Hmm, I see no Difference with the new CONNECTED compared to READY - the Programs are only loaded after Read to Fly was pressed 😕

11 hours ago, Fragtality said:

I see no Difference with the new CONNECTED compared to READY - the Programs are only loaded after Read to Fly was pressed

Are you sure that you are using the latest beta release, 7.4.0b? Please check this as your browser may have cached the download file.

If that is not the issue, please show me your .log and .ini files...

John

2 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Your log also shows lots of other errors which are rather worrying.... There is an SDK update with the latest release to SU14 last night/today. I am currently in the process of updating to the latest SDK and will make a new release when done and tested, hopefully tomorrow.

Uh oh 🤔

Using "Run" does not work either. Programs were only started after Ready to Fly was pressed.

15 hours ago, Fragtality said:

Using "Run" does not work either. Programs were only started after Ready to Fly was pressed.

I don't understand this at the moment... it was all working as expected when I tested this. I will test further and let you know when an update is available.

Quite a few issues with the latest SDK. Pain in the ass... xmas lunch today with quite a bit of wine. I will look into this tomorrow 😉

John