The simFlight Network Forums

Cockspur Mustang C510 starter and Ignition (was FSUIPC7 WASM submenu shows disable only)

DrDave-

Good morning,

I have searched online for input to enable WASM LVar listings for a third party aircraft (Cockspur Mustang C510). I had a list from a previous installation of FSUIPC7 (I changed MSFS to a new PC and reinstalled all). Upon starting MSFS with the FSUIPC7's MSFS.bat file, the Consile Add-ons > WASM > subMenu displays only Disable. I have tried several interations of executing FSUIPC7 without success.

1. Reinstalled FSUIPC7, started MSFS, put the aircraft "ready to fly" at the end of the runway and selected the Console.
  2. Found the topic "Little fix for FSUIPC7 needed to make it work better with the CPFlight driver" and followed the recommended steps.
  3. Found other "fixes" with Bing Search and attempted to use the "fixes".
  4. Reinstalled FSUIPC7, renamed the "EXE.xml" file (EXE.xml.bak), started MSFS, put the aircraft "ready to fly" at the end of the runway, then started FSUIPC7 and selected the Console.

None of the above were successful.

As you recommend, the lvar refresh rate be 6Hz. FSUIPC7_WASM.ini = "LvarUpdateFrequency=6Hz"

The .ini also states "; StartEventNo: this must be the same as defined in the FSUIPC7.ini file
                                StartEventNo=0x1FFF0"

Couldn't find an entry in the FSUIPC7.ini file to compare.

Please let me know if there is anythig else I can try to fix this issue. In the past, FSUIPC7 found ~200 LVars.

FSUIPC7.ini FSUIPC7.log FSUIPC_WASM.ini

You are using a very old version of FSUIPC7 (7.3.7). Please update to the latest version, 7.3.24. Only the latest version is supported.

16 hours ago, DrDave- said:

The .ini also states "; StartEventNo: this must be the same as defined in the FSUIPC7.ini file
                                StartEventNo=0x1FFF0"

Couldn't find an entry in the FSUIPC7.ini file to compare.

This was removed quite some time ago and is no longer used or needed.

17 hours ago, DrDave- said:
  • Found the topic "Little fix for FSUIPC7 needed to make it work better with the CPFlight driver" and followed the recommended steps.
  • Found other "fixes" with Bing Search and attempted to use the "fixes".

You should need any "fixes". If you are changing anything, please specify what.

17 hours ago, DrDave- said:

Reinstalled FSUIPC7, renamed the "EXE.xml" file (EXE.xml.bak), started MSFS, put the aircraft "ready to fly" at the end of the runway, then started FSUIPC7 and selected the Console.

Why are you doing this? If you don't want FSUIPC7 to be auto-started, just don't install the auto-start component.

PS - I copied the FSUIPC7 install file and key. Should have downloaded new install file. Did that.

Thanks. 

I'm trying to find the start and ignition LVars for the payware aircraft. I now have the LVars for the aircraft with no obvious start or ignition (there are 2 jets). There are, however, several LVars that the names look like random GUID text.

Trying to find MSFS documentation on where to find the code, xml, cfg files where these LVars are used. Many payware aircraft don't have their documentation published.

The keypress lua I have created using FSUIPC7 controls don't seem to work.  I'll try the offsets next for start, fuel. But I really would like to find the tags that are used in this aircraft.

I have been a user of FSUIPC since FSX came out. So very appreciative of your work.

Which payware aircraft are you using? Have you looked to see if there are any presets available for this aircraft? It is far easier to use presets than lvars/hvars directly...

6 minutes ago, DrDave- said:

The keypress lua I have created using FSUIPC7 controls don't seem to work.  I'll try the offsets next for start, fuel. But I really would like to find the tags that are used in this aircraft.

Many standard controls don't work in payware aircraft - you have to use either custom controls or presets (which can control simvars, lvars, hvars, b vars, k vars, etc). Take a look at the HubHop site (https://hubhop.mobiflight.com/presets/). All MF presets are available for assignment by selecting the 'Select for preset' checkbox, and can be found using the Find Preset button.

Sorry, can you post what file types contain the LVars and where the files are located for a specific aircraft. Does FSUIPC documentation contain a discussion? You provide many documents, sometimes a specific discussion is hard to find.

2 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

don't even know what aircraft you are using....

Sorry, I see you are using the Cockspur Mustang C510 - unfortunately there don't seem to be any presets available for this aircraft, and as I don't own this aircraft if is difficult for me to advise.

Maybe worth asking on the MF discord channel - they lead the community effort for discovering calculator code for presets....

John

Sorry, I replied before reading your post. I am using Cockspur's Cessna C510 Mustang. Apparently,  their support person is separate from the company's CEO/Owner/Developer. He doesn't know the internals and the CEO is traveling (not available).

I'm trying to use this aircraft as it is the only 2 engine business jet for MSFS that uses the G1000. I have the RealSimGear G1000 suite in my home built cockpit.

I developed many of my own gauges, panels and controls in FSX. Not a clue yet how to do that in MSFS. Frustrating!

Thanks for your Sunday time. Hubhop doesn't have this aircraft yet, I'll contact Cockspur. RealSimGear has a significant .ini which correlates its tags to the Simmconnect variables. Can, like FSUIPC's .ini, be tailored.

My point is, most MSFS business jets contain G3000 or G5000. I want to use the G1000. Haven't been able to find out yet how to switch gauges in MSFS. It was fairly easy in FSX with the panel.cfg file. Changing the panel.cfg or panel.xml files in MSFS seems to have no effect.

Can't find out how the virtual cockpit panels are defined.

Thanks for your input. Happy Sunday.

1 hour ago, DrDave- said:

My point is, most MSFS business jets contain G3000 or G5000. I want to use the G1000. Haven't been able to find out yet how to switch gauges in MSFS.

That should be possible but I cannot help with this.... However, some aircraft use protection and it may not be allowed. You should ask about this on the aircraft support (presuming there is one) or maybe on the Asobo forums.

I will look at the start/ignition controls sometime next week.

John

21 hours ago, John Dowson said:

I will look at the start/ignition controls sometime next week.

For the engine starters, you can use the standard controls Toggle Starter1 and Toggle Starter2.

The ignition switches in the VC use the TURBINE_IGNITION_SWITCH_SET1 and TURBINE_IGNITION_SWITCH_SET2 controls/events. However, assigning to these directly has no  effect.
I have also tried with a preset/calc code to send these events (e.g. '2 (>K:TURBINE_IGNITION_SWITCH_SET1)') but again these have no effect.

So I'm sorry but I do not know how to control the ignition switches externally. You should ask either the aircraft provider or, probably better, ask about this on the MF discord channel - use the MSFS2020 channel. This is the general channel for asking on how to control buttons/switches etc from an external application. They may give you a way to do this using MobiFlight, but if it can be done in MF then it can be done in FSUIPC.

Sorry I can't be of more help. Please update if you find a solution. I will also investigate further (i.e. take a look at the aircraft code/xml to see if that reveals anything) when I have more time... Quite a lot to do at the  moment, and I am away from Wednesday afternoon until Tuesday (inclusive), back next Wednesday.

Regards,

John

On 10/9/2023 at 4:27 PM, John Dowson said:

The ignition switches in the VC use the TURBINE_IGNITION_SWITCH_SET1 and TURBINE_IGNITION_SWITCH_SET2 controls/events. However, assigning to these directly has no  effect.
I have also tried with a preset/calc code to send these events (e.g. '2 (>K:TURBINE_IGNITION_SWITCH_SET1)') but again these have no effect.

Actually both of these methods do work - they just don't animate the switch. They do set the A-var (A:TURB ENG IGNITION SWITCH EX1) correctly.
The animation of the switch is controlled by a B-var, and you currently cannot access B-vars either via standard controls or calculator code.

There is a hack that you can use if you want to animate the switch - basically you edit the code and define an lvar that controls the b-var. To do this for ignition switch 1 (switch 2 will be the same, just change the numbers), you need to add the following code to the C510_interior.xml file (under Community\cockspur-aircraft-c510\SimObjects\Airplanes\cockspur-aircraft-C510\model). Open this file in an editor (e.g. Notepad++), scroll down to line 351 (comment line) and then paste the following text below the comment:

<Component ID="FSUIPC_External_Control">
		<UseTemplate Name="ASOBO_GT_Update">
			<UPDATE_CODE>
				(L:FSUIPC_C510_Ignition_1, Number) s0
				(A:TURB ENG IGNITION SWITCH EX1:1, Number) s1
				l0 0 &gt; if{
					l1 l0 != if{
						0 (&gt;L:FSUIPC_C510_Ignition_1)
						1 (&gt;B:ENGINE_Ignition_1_Toggle) 
					}		
				}
			</UPDATE_CODE>
			<FREQUENCY>1</FREQUENCY>
		</UseTemplate>
	</Component>

Next, add the following presets to your myevents.txt file (- in your FSUIPC7 installation folder - create this file if it doesn't exist):

//Cockspur/Mustang C510
Mustang_C510_Ignition1_on#2 (>L:FSUIPC_C510_Ignition_1)
Mustang_C510_Ignition1_norm#1 (>L:FSUIPC_C510_Ignition_1)

You can then assign directly to those presets.
If you would prefer a single toggle preset, use the following code:

<Component ID="FSUIPC_External_Control">
			<UPDATE_CODE>
				(L:FSUIPC_C510_Ignition_1, Number) s0
				l0 0 &gt; if{
						0 (&gt;L:FSUIPC_C510_Ignition_1)
						1 (&gt;B:ENGINE_Ignition_1_Toggle) 
				}
			</UPDATE_CODE>
			<FREQUENCY>1</FREQUENCY>
		</UseTemplate>
	</Component>

and preset

//Cockspur/Mustang C510
Mustang_C510_Ignition1_Toggle#1 (>L:FSUIPC_C510_Ignition_1)

Ignition switch 2 is similar, with code:

<Component ID="FSUIPC_External_Control2">
			<UPDATE_CODE>
				(L:FSUIPC_C510_Ignition_2, Number) s0
				(A:TURB ENG IGNITION SWITCH EX1:2, Number) s1
				l0 0 &gt; if{
					l1 l0 != if{
						0 (&gt;L:FSUIPC_C510_Ignition_2)
						1 (&gt;B:ENGINE_Ignition_2_Toggle) 
					}		
				}
			</UPDATE_CODE>
			<FREQUENCY>1</FREQUENCY>
		</UseTemplate>
	</Component>

and presets:

//Cockspur/Mustang C510
Mustang_C510_Ignition2_on#2 (>L:FSUIPC_C510_Ignition_2)
Mustang_C510_Ignition2_norm#1 (>L:FSUIPC_C510_Ignition_2)

John

• John Dowson changed the title to Cockspur Mustang C510 starter and Ignition (was FSUIPC7 WASM submenu shows disable only)

Wow, thank you John - Thank you

Another Cockspur C510 user sent me the following (for your use):

I added the FSUIPC7controls. He was using https://www.axisandohs.com/ for his controls. Never heard of this app (been using FSUIPC before any version)s. Never heard of Axis and Ohs. I'm still finding the controls for  ENGINE STARTER ACTIVE:1 and 2.

"djd565 — Yesterday at 9:15 PM
I am using:
TOGGLE_STARTER1   66300   TOGGLE_STARTER1
TOGGLE_STARTER2   66301   TOGGLE_STARTER2

and for the fuel cocks, these set to 1 or 0 simultaneously for each position.:

SET_FUEL_VALVE_ENG1   67280   SET_FUEL_VALVE_ENG1
L:switch_fuel_left

SET_FUEL_VALVE_ENG2   67281   SET_FUEL_VALVE_ENG2
L:switch_fuel_right

and for the starter lights:

A: GENERAL ENGINE STARTER ACTIVE:1

A: GENERAL ENGINE STARTER ACTIVE:2"

I am currently on holiday and will reply when I am back, on Wednesday. However this:

On 10/13/2023 at 12:04 AM, DrDave- said:

Also, may I assume that as an example:

ipc.writeLvar(“FSUIPC_C510_Ignition_1", 1) will turn the ignition on and ipc.writeLvar(“FSUIPC_C510_Ignition_1", 0) will turn the ignition off?

No - if you look at the presets:

On 10/11/2023 at 4:06 PM, John Dowson said:
//Cockspur/Mustang C510
Mustang_C510_Ignition2_on#2 (>L:FSUIPC_C510_Ignition_2)
Mustang_C510_Ignition2_norm#1 (>L:FSUIPC_C510_Ignition_2)

you should see that it should be
      ipc.writeLvar(“FSUIPC_C510_Ignition_1", 2) to turn the ignition on
      ipc.writeLvar(“FSUIPC_C510_Ignition_1", 1)vto turn the ignition off
Otherwise, if you have defined the presets, you can use ipc.execPreset instead.

On 10/12/2023 at 3:57 PM, DrDave- said:

I assume A: GENERAL ENGINE STARTER ACTIVE:1 and A: GENERAL ENGINE STARTER ACTIVE:1 are offsets 0x0892 2 GENERAL ENG STARTER:1 and 0x092A 2 GENERAL ENG STARTER:2 respectively?

No - these are distinct simvars. The GENERAL ENGINE STARTER ACTIVE simvar is a read-only boolean that indicates if the indexed engine starter is active. If you want to read the value of this simvar, then you can add this to a spare (free for general use) offset. You can do this using the myOffsets.txt file - see the Advanced User guide for details.

On 10/14/2023 at 2:09 PM, DrDave- said:

Missed 2 Cockspur 2 variables assigned to 1 LVar

Not sure what this means...

Missed 2 Cockspur variables assigned to 1 LVar.

Is myevents.txt the same as events.txt installed with FSUIPC7?  Now thought that's not true. You would have stated to update events.txt.

In the C510, GENERAL ENGINE STARTER ACTIVE is used to turn the started buttons on and off.

Again thanks.