The simFlight Network Forums

EXE.XML and controls questions

DrDave-

Mr Dawson,

A long time user of FSUIPC but new to some of the control neuances, I have several questions if you will.

1. Not about controls but the FSUIPC7 install. I have noticed that when FSUIPC is installed, it may overwrite the last <Launch.Addon> sequence when adding the sequesnce for FSUIPC. Three times now, I have had to reinstall "RealSimGear's" <Launch.Addon> sequense after installing the latest version of FSUIPC7. I readd FSUIPC7 about every 2 weeks.

2. It is apparent (and higly appreciated) that controls used by assignments and Lua are derived and modified from SimConnect by FSUIPC7. I understand the modifications and how to use toggle and set. May I assume that toggle and set controls can be turned on and off or modified?

3. I have used the button on throttle on my Bravo to toggle ATC thru MSFS Controls. SDK Variables also show ATC as well as ATC_MENU-OPEN and ATC_MENU_CLOSE. You provide an ATC control but no Offset for any of the ATC variables that I can find.

How does one test an FSUIPC7 control? Can't seem to find how to. I have a set of buttons I use thru FSUIPC7. I input the ATC numbers into MSFS thru keyboard assignment and by using one of the keys to tell an Lua the next press is a number (kind of like a shift). I would like to test to see if the ATC Menu is open. As I can't find how to test a control and there is no offset, please let me know if testing a control is available.

Thank you.

1Sayo-12Keys.lua

On 10/29/2023 at 5:33 PM, DrDave- said:

1. Not about controls but the FSUIPC7 install. I have noticed that when FSUIPC is installed, it may overwrite the last <Launch.Addon> sequence when adding the sequesnce for FSUIPC. Three times now, I have had to reinstall "RealSimGear's" <Launch.Addon> sequense after installing the latest version of FSUIPC7. I readd FSUIPC7 about every 2 weeks.

FSUIPC does not (or should not) overwrite anything. It will create the EXE.xml if it doesn't exist. but should only insert and FSUIPC entry when installed, and not overwrite any other enties. If you think this is occuring, can you please show me/attach your EXE.xml file that you have before you install FSUIPC7 and which gets overwritten, and I will check this here.

2. It is apparent (and higly appreciated) that controls used by assignments and Lua are derived and modified from SimConnect by FSUIPC7. I understand the modifications and how to use toggle and set. May I assume that toggle and set controls can be turned on and off or modified?

Sorry, but I do not understand what this means. Everything goes via simconnect - this is the only way to communicate with the Sim (well, the only API that FSUIPC uses).
Controls are just events. They cannot be turned on or off, you can only use/send them (or not!).

3. I have used the button on throttle on my Bravo to toggle ATC thru MSFS Controls. SDK Variables also show ATC as well as ATC_MENU-OPEN and ATC_MENU_CLOSE. You provide an ATC control but no Offset for any of the ATC variables that I can find.

Are these simvars/A-type variables? If so, you can add any simvar to a spare (free for general use) FSUIPC offset using the facilities provided - see the Advanced User guide for details.

How does one test an FSUIPC7 control? Can't seem to find how to. I have a set of buttons I use thru FSUIPC7. I input the ATC numbers into MSFS thru keyboard assignment and by using one of the keys to tell an Lua the next press is a number (kind of like a shift). I would like to test to see if the ATC Menu is open. As I can't find how to test a control and there is no offset, please let me know if testing a control is available.

Again I am not sure I understand you. You test a control by using it - i.e. sending it to the FS to see if it has any effect. If you want to check that it is changing the value of a simulator variable, then add that variable to an offset.

John