The simFlight Network Forums

Controllers not recognized

Dreamflight767

13 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

FSUIPC 7 does not recognize any of my controllers.

What do you mean? Your ini file shows that the following 6 controllers are recognised:

A=Bravo Throttle Quadrant
B=Alpha Flight Controls
C=MFG Crosswind V2
D=T.A320 Pilot
E=TCA Q-Eng 1&2
F=TCA Q-Eng 3&4

For some reason, you also have a rudder axis assigned on your Bravo, and a left brake axis assigned on your T.A320 Pilot:

[Axes]
PollInterval=10
RangeRepeatRate=10
0=AU,256,D,3,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Rudder }-
1=DS,256,D,7,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: LeftBrake }-

Please explain more clearly what your issue actually is, and also show me/attach your FSUIPC7.log file.

John

Hi John:

Well, when I open FSUIPC to configure, when I move any of my controllers, FSUIPC isn't responding to the inputs.

Before, when I'd move - say the Alpha - it would show which axes is responding.  But now, nothing.

I have no explanation for the rudder and brake axis on those two controllers.

I put the ini for you to review.

Thanks.

That log file was attached when FSUIPC7 was running and ends after 31 seconds. Always exit FSUIPC7 before attaching log or ini files.

It does however show that all your controllers are recognised and matches your ini.

What do you mean by 'FSUIPC 7 does not recognize any of my controllers'? What do you see, for example, when you open the button assignments panel and press a button on one of your controllers - is that not registered?

On 11/25/2023 at 3:59 AM, John Dowson said:

That log file was attached when FSUIPC7 was running and ends after 31 seconds. Always exit FSUIPC7 before attaching log or ini files.

It does however show that all your controllers are recognized and matches your ini.

What do you mean by 'FSUIPC 7 does not recognize any of my controllers'? What do you see, for example, when you open the button assignments panel and press a button on one of your controllers - is that not registered?

Evening.  

Normally when I open "Assignments" and "Axis" the window attached opens.  Usually when I move one of my devices, that device and axis is recognized and reflects in that window.  However, now, when I move a device, nothing changes.  

FSUIPC7.jpg

Just now, Dreamflight767 said:

Evening.  

Normally when I open "Assignments" and "Axis" the window attached opens.  Usually when I move one of my devices, that device and axis is recognized and reflects in that window.  However, now, when I move a device, nothing changes.  

FSUIPC7.jpg

Also, how should remove those two erroneous inputs with the rudder and brakes? 

Thanks!

9 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Normally when I open "Assignments" and "Axis" the window attached opens.

Does it not still open?

9 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Usually when I move one of my devices, that device and axis is recognized and reflects in that window.  However, now, when I move a device, nothing changes.  

But the image you attached shows that the Y axis on device A (Bravo Throttle Quadrant) was recognised. If you want to assign to a different axis, click Rescan. If the same axis/device keeps showing, click the Ignore Axis button.

5 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Also, how should remove those two erroneous inputs with the rudder and brakes? 

You can either use the UI - move the assigned axis lever so that the assignment is shown, then click Clear. Otherwise you can just delete the lines in the FSYUPC7.ini file in an editor - make sure that either FSUIPC7 is not running, or if it is then do this with the Axis Assignment panel open and click Reload all assignments when you have saved the file.

13 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

I tired attaching the log but it says it's too big.

You can always zip/compress files that are too large to attach directely. But I don't need to see any files at the moment - you have already attached a log an ini, both of whuch show rhat your controllers are recognised and acquired. But I still am not sure what your issue is...

14 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

But see, I moved my Alpha yoke before taking that picture.  Normally, when I move my yoke, that is what is reflected in the joy and axis #:

Yes - but if another joystick/axis is recognised, you have to Rescan. If the same joystick/axis is always recognised, you have to Ignore Axis as the axis is "jittering", i.e. continually sending values. Or are you saying that you move an axis and nothing is recognised in the joystick and axis fields, i.e. they remain empty?