The simFlight Network Forums

Compound button press

DaveSCUSA

Thanks to the new FSUIPC7 input event logging, I've discovered that the Citation Mustang C510 inputs a control event as well as an input event with most cockpit button/switch input.

I have studied the compound button assignments. Am I right that a button or two can be dependent on a previous button press?

Is there a way (haven't been able to find) to have a control and an input event exercised by a single button push without Lua?

It seems that both aircraft I use (C510 & DA62) have a control and input event on the same switch.

At your suggestion I used the UI to assign controls to the Alpha and Bravo.

14 hours ago, DaveSCUSA said:

I've discovered that the Citation Mustang C510 inputs a control event as well as an input event with most cockpit button/switch input.

Yes, an Input Event can also trigger a standard FS event/control as well as activating hvars, and setting other variable types (L, A , etc).

Am I right that a button or two can be dependent on a previous button press?

Not exactly. It can depend on the current state of another button, or to the flag associated to the button, which is toggled each time the button goes from off to on.

Is there a way (haven't been able to find) to have a control and an input event exercised by a single button push without Lua?

Yes - you do this by manually editing the ini file. You need to make the first assignment, comment that out in the ini file, reload the ini file and make the second assignment. Then, remove the comment for th first assignment and reload the ini file again. Doing this, you can have as many assignments as you like on a single button press or release.

It seems that both aircraft I use (C510 & DA62) have a control and input event on the same switch.

This is normal, as i have said - the Input Event will trigger the FS control. You do not need to assign to both. First, just assign to the control and see if that works. It may work in the sense that the function is performed, but the UI may not be updated. If this is the case, switch to using the Input Event. You should not need to also have to assign to the control - when you trigger the Input Event, the control will also be sent.

John