The simFlight Network Forums

Two Questions and an Issue

Tom68

FSUIPC 7, Windows 10, MSFS 2020.

Question:  When clicking on Assignments -> Axes, “Profile Specific” is always checked and its grayed out so it cannot be changed.  How can I assign an axis for all planes?

Question: ExcludeThrottleSet. The manual says “Only disable this option if you have anything which is feeding”.  Sorry, but I’m confused by the wording:  Since the option is excluding something,  does “disable this option” mean checked or unchecked for the normal situation?

Issue: I’m not sure if this is FSUIPC or MSFS.  I’m trying to assign my two Saitek throttle quads to props, throttle, mixture for the DC3.  The props work fine.  Throttles and mixtures do not.  Throttle 1 did work a single time, but then stopped.  They all when assigned thru MSFS. 

I had programed both props and they worked.  I then programmed the throttle 1 and it worked, but the two props stopped. I reprogrammed the two props and they again worked, but the throttle would no longer work.  I can program them for the C172 and Beechcraft G58.

Things seem to program OK, (I can assign them and the numbers move in the calibration tab), but they just don’t work in the plane.

Oh, and I’m using profiles.

IS it possible this is FSUIPC?  Or something in the DC3?  (I've attached my DC3 profile and FSUIPC.ini)

Thanks.

DC3-A.ini FSUIPC7.ini

39 minutes ago, Tom68 said:

Question:  When clicking on Assignments -> Axes, “Profile Specific” is always checked and its grayed out so it cannot be changed.  How can I assign an axis for all planes?

This is because the loaded aircraft is already assigned to an axis profile. Once this is done, you can only assign axes to the same profile. If you want to assign an axis to the general profile, start with an aircraft that is not already in a profile. If you want to remove that aircraft from the profile, you have to do this via editing the FSUIPC7.ini, by removing the aircraft name from the profile section (best done when FSUIPC7 is not running).

43 minutes ago, Tom68 said:

Question: ExcludeThrottleSet. The manual says “Only disable this option if you have anything which is feeding”.  Sorry, but I’m confused by the wording:  Since the option is excluding something,  does “disable this option” mean checked or unchecked for the normal situation?

Disable means unchecked. It does say that this option is 'enabled by default', and by default the option is checked (i.e. enabled). Not sure where the confusion comes from.

1 hour ago, Tom68 said:

Issue: I’m not sure if this is FSUIPC or MSFS.  I’m trying to assign my two Saitek throttle quads to props, throttle, mixture for the DC3.  The props work fine.  Throttles and mixtures do not.  Throttle 1 did work a single time, but then stopped.

What DC3 are you using? If this is the Duckworks mod, it looks like the throttle is controlled by an lvar in this aircraft - see 

John

John, Sorry about creating the other thread, I thought I was doing the right thing.  I felt the new question I was asking was more general about presets even though it had to do with the Duckworks DC3.  And it would be more clear to anyone reading the post for help in the future. Sorry.

However, I thought I was following exactly the thread you pointed me to.  I do want to divide by 32767 and add 0.5.  My quadrant generates -16382 to +16384.  The Duckworks preset wants 0.0 to 1.0.  Divide by 32767 gives -0.5 ro +0.5.  Adding 0.5 gives 0.0 to 1.0.

Exactly what was in the post you pointed me toward.

I directly copied what was there.  So what am I misunderstanding?

2 minutes ago, Tom68 said:

So what am I misunderstanding?

Please see my previous response. You evidently do not understand the difference between the left and right hand sides of the axes assignment panel. You need to assign your axes on the left hand side, selecting Send Preset to FS, NOT on the right-hand side, which is for sending button assignments when entering/leaving ranges. These two things are completely different. Please see the provided documentation.

And for ANY issues, please post here: 

That is the initial post, with solutions, for this issue. Post there if you have any further issues.

I am also now locking this topic.

John