The simFlight Network Forums

how to load a flight from fsuipc6 autosave?

Hi all, 

I have recently been experiencing some crashing in p3dv5.4 and so I enabled fsuipc6 autosave function but I am unable to load an autosaved flight. I enabled the autosave and used the pre-set times but also enabled save on the ground.  However when I try and load an autosave flight ( I try and load the last autosave), it keeps asking me if I want to move aircraft to the departure airport and when I select no, because I want to continue from when the crash happened it just puts me back into the sim without having done anything.

Could someone please explain how I am supposed to load an autosave, I did read the section in the user manual under autosave but it doesn't tell you, just says that autosaves are saved in the sims data file folder.  I know the autosaves are stored in the documents/prepar3d files folder but I am unable to load from there either.

Many thanks,

Rory

41 minutes ago, kessler said:

it keeps asking me if I want to move aircraft to the departure airport and when I select no

Have you tried selecting yes? I think the message is misleading, it is just asking to move the aircraft to the point specified in the auto-save file.... By selecting no, it is just leaving the aircraft in the same position.

John

Hi John,

Yes i did also select yes and it just loaded me at the departure airport. As i said, i do have the save on ground option checked, could that be the problem? But am i trying to load the autosave correctly in the first place, ie from the flight planners load option?.

Rory 

8 hours ago, kessler said:

As i said, i do have the save on ground option checked, could that be the problem?

No.

8 hours ago, kessler said:

But am i trying to load the autosave correctly in the first place, ie from the flight planners load option?.

This is the problem - that will just load the flight plan. Use the Load button on the bottom left of the scenario dialog box, or from the Scenario drop-down menu.

John