The simFlight Network Forums

Duckworth DC3 Throttle & Presets

Tom68

Ok, I'm about out of ideas to try.  I'm doing something wrong and can't figure it out.  I've searched and read a number of posts on the topic. I've read the manuals as well.

Here's what I am doing:

Two Siatek throttle quadrants (joys B & C).  MSFS2020.

I created myevents.txt and add the following two lines:

DuckWorks_DC3_Throttle1#@ 32767.0 / 0.5 + (>L:DUCKWORKS_THROTTLE1_SET)

DuckWorks_DC3_Throttle2#@ 32767.0 / 0.5 + (>L:DUCKWORKS_THROTTLE2_SET)

I assign the axes by checking "Send to FS as normal axis", and "Select for Preset".  The I click the dropdown box and select my preset.  Finally I calibrate a single range from -16384 to +16384.

It just doesn't work.  I see some curious lines in my DC3 profile ini file.

2=BZ,256
3=BZ,B,-16384,16383,PDuckWorks_DC3_Throttle1,0  -{ Entering=Preset Control }-
4=CX,256
5=CX,B,-16384,16383,PDuckWorks_DC3_Throttle2,0  -{ Entering=Preset Control }-

I have no idea what lines 2 & 4 are.  I tried deleting them and FSUIPC just puts them back

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?  (I attached some docs to help define what I'm doing.)

Thanks in advance.

axisAssignmentDialog.JPG

DC3-A.ini myevents.txt FSUIPC7.ini

Why are you creating a new post, rather than posting in the existing post for this issue?

1 hour ago, Tom68 said:

I assign the axes by checking "Send to FS as normal axis", and "Select for Preset".  The I click the dropdown box and select my preset.  Finally I calibrate a single range from -16384 to +16384.

But why? Do you understand the difference between the left-hand side and the right-hand side of the axes assignment dialog? The left-hand side is where you assign to your axis, i.e. to send controls based upon the position of your axis lever which uses the value associated to the axis lever position. The right-hand side is to send specific controls when the axis lever enters or leaves a specific range (this side to send button controls) , but the value of the axis lever position is not used. Please at least read the provided documentation if you do not understand the UI, it is explained there....

What you need to do is to use the presets as given in the other post, and assign to the axis using the left-hand side of the axes assignment dialog, selecting Send Preset to FS. 

I am closing/locking this now. Please use the original thread for any more questions using these presets: