The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC and Spad.Next. FPS issues

Hi. Im using Spad.Next, and I haven't ran FSUIPC for a good while because I get FPS issues when I have FSUIPC running. I am guessing it is because it does the same thing as Spad.next. I used to use FSUIPC in all my previous sims, and I've been a customer of you for many years. However, there are a few addons that rely on FSUIPC, and currently I just discovered that a pilots life chapter 2 needs fsuipc to connect. So instead of try to get my purchase reimbursed, I though "ok, let's see if maybe FSUIPC support staff can help me get this issue sorted once and for all". 

So here I am 🙂

I don't know what to tell you, or what info you need. It's a constant issue that only appears when I have fsuipc installed and running. We are talking about MSFS. I have several saitek panels, and a Saitek x52 joystick and throttle. Many of my axis and buttons are configured through spad.next. I dont have anything configured through FSUIPC. But when looking around I will get stutters every few seconds (like perhaps every 5 seconds or so, not sure, havent timed them). The stutters are regular and makes my flying unenjoyable. 

Do you have any previous experiences with interferances between these two programs? Your help is much appreciated. 

Ok, so I did a little experiment. Previously, I tried uninstalling FSUIPC, and that solved my stutters in the sim. It's not really and fps issue, but stutters. The sim hangs for a split second, and it continuously does so with pretty regular intervals. Nothing too big, but enough that it makes my sim feel pretty bad.

So now I just did the oposite. I didn't uninstall Spad.Next, but I terminated the program, so only fsuipc was running together with the sim. And the stutters are still there. That makes me conclude that I am not having a compatability issue between them, but an issue with fsuipc alone. 

What version of FSUIPC are you running? The latest version is 7.4.1, so if not using that please update and try again.

There was an issue with FSUIPC flooding the MSFS console/log after an MSFS update around a year ago, which could cause stuttering, but this was soon resolved. The latest FSUIPC should not cause any stuttering, and is perfectly compatible with Spad.Next and other add-ons.

John

Check the MSFS logging console (you need to switch to devmode) - do you see any messages there? Is anything reported in the FSUIPC7.log file (ALWAYS a good idea to attach this for any issue, as well as your FSUIPC7.ini file)?

Are you using a registered/licensed copy, or unregistered? If the latter, do you still get this issue when unlicensed/not registered?

Unfortunately (for you!), I am now on holiday until the new year. Please try what I have already said and let me know the results, and attach your .log and .ini files and I can take a look in the new year.

John

12 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

I seem to have found the culprit. It was the auto-save.

Auto-save is known to cause issues (pauses or stutters) when using complex add-on aircraft, and as anti-virus software is getting more aggressive it seems to be affecting more aircraft. See the following post for possible solutions: 

12 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

the unregistered version still hickups just the same. 

Autosave is not active in the unregistered version...

John

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2023 at 10:17 AM, Andreas Stangenes said:

I had the registered version, and I uninstall and reinstalled without registering (skipped that step).

You only need to register once - this generates the key file. When you re-install, you can skip registration and FSUIPC will still run as a registered copy.

John