The simFlight Network Forums

Error creating offsets in myOffsets.txt

alvaro5

Good afternoon.

I’m a FSUIPC user form 2004. I have a home made cockpit made with Iocards and SIOC language. I connect SIOC with FSUIPC7 for FS2020 on Windows 10. I also have a panel made with AirManager connected to FS2020, For same of the switches I couldn’t find a FS2020 variable, so I use any unused variable to connect the switch with AirManager.

For instance, in a pressurization panel, for some switches I don’t find the FS2020 variable. So I see that the variable “GPS APPROACH APPROACH INDEX” that is not in use, I use it for that purpose even if it is no related. I assing an offset in myOffsets.txt, like

0x66C0, 4, GPS APPROACH APPROACH INDEX, I64, Number, w

Then in AirManager I read that variable and move the switch in the AirManager panel.

It worked great until recently. Now, the first time I load FS2020 I get this error in the FSUIPC.log file and the variable doen’t work.

16641 Running in "KittyHawk", Version: 11.0.282174.999 (SimConnect: 11.0.62651.3)

16641 MSFS version = 11.0.282174.999

16641 Initialising SimConnect data requests now

16641 Adding simvar 'GPS APPROACH APPROACH INDEX' to offset 66C0 (size 4, type 'I64') for read/write access

16641 Adding simvar 'GPS APPROACH WP INDEX' to offset 66C4 (size 4, type 'I64') for read/write access

16641 Adding simvar 'GPS APPROACH WP COUNT' to offset 66C8 (size 4, type 'I64') for read/write access

16657 Mapping custom control numbers 69632 - 84232

16672 Maximum number of custom events available is 1024 (defined by ini parameter MaxNumberOfCustomEvents)

22235 User Aircraft ID not supplied -- trying default

22766 Exception 3 "UNRECOGNIZED_ID", Ref 19649, Index param 2 on write SetData for "GPS APPROACH APPROACH INDEX"

22766 Exception 3 "UNRECOGNIZED_ID", Ref 19650, Index param 2 on write SetData for "GPS APPROACH WP INDEX"

22766 Exception 3 "UNRECOGNIZED_ID", Ref 19651, Index param 2 on write SetData for "GPS APPROACH WP COUNT"

If I just exit FSUIPC and load it again then it works.

1. Any idea of how to fix this?

2. Is there any available or custom variables in FS2020 that I can use for this purpose?

Thank you very much

Alvaro

Alvaro

On 12/18/2023 at 8:39 PM, alvaro5 said:

1. Any idea of how to fix this?

Those errors are reported as something is trying to set those variables before the initial request to receive and control them has been completed. It looks like it is taking longer for the initial data requests from being completed on initial start-up, and it works when you restart as these initial data requests are processed a lor faster once MSFS2020 is up and running.

You need to determine what is trying to access those variables and delay those requests until all of the initial data requests have been processed.

On 12/18/2023 at 8:39 PM, alvaro5 said:

2. Is there any available or custom variables in FS2020 that I can use for this purpose?

Not sure what you mean by this, but you can delay any initial requests until the offsets have been initially populated, such as checking for when the FS version offset 0x3124 is non-zero.

John

P.S. Note that I am on holiday until the 2nd or 3rd January.