The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC not recognising GoFlight T8 switches

Hi John,

This is a strange problem. P3D v5.3HF2 running FSUIPC v6.2.0.

I have assigned a lot of commands for the PMDG737 to my GoFlight T8 units but as well as them suddenly not working FSUIPC isn't recognising any T8 switches when I move them. This is most odd since everything worked fine up to the last few days.

I have commands for other aircraft which you can see in the attached ini file. I'm also attaching the latest log in case it helps.

Ray_FSUIPC6.zip

Do you have the GoFlight driver installed? I cannot see the GF driver being detected in your log file - this is what is in mine:

115453 -------------------- Starting everything now ----------------------
   115484 ASN active function link set
   115484 Ready for ActiveSky WX radar with additional data
   116578 Using "D:\FSUIPC6\GFDEV64.DLL", version 2.2.8.0
   116578 GoFlight GFP8 detected: 2 devices
   116578 GoFlight GFT8 detected: 2 devices
   116578 GoFlight GFRP48 detected: 2 devices

?

It should be but looking in my latest log there's no mention.  Checked C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\LM\P3Dv5 and in the exe.xml there is an entry for GFDevP3Dv4.exe.

And with P3D running I can see an entry for that exe in Task Manager - Details.

But nothing in the FSUIPC6.log. 😟

Searching my C drive doesn't show a GFDEV64.DLL. Is that the problem?

Okay, I see the problem. Looking at a backup mounted temporarily I have a GFDEV64.DLL in that backup. There are a few extra files too.

I'll copy the contents of the backup into my active GoFlight folder and I imagine that will fix things. More to follow..

8 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Checked C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\LM\P3Dv5 and in the exe.xml there is an entry for GFDevP3Dv4.exe.

You don't need this if using the FSUIPC GoFlight driver...I'm not sure what that does (never used it!), but I would remove this if you have any issues.

4 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I have a GFDEV64.DLL in that backup.

This is the driver that FSUIPC uses for GoFlight devices, and it needs to be in your FSUIPC installation folder.

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I still use the GoFlight software to arrange my modules and for assigning default commands to switches / buttons. Maybe if I didn't have that I couldn't assign commands to different aircraft.

Well, you could use FSUIPC to assign default commands to buttons and switched, and profiles for different actions for different aircraft. But if you want to use other tools for assignment, that is fine. Just remember where things are assigned and best not to assign a button/switch in multiple places....

I have had support requests with people using the GoFlight Interface Tool and not realising they were using that and not FSUIPC for some assignments!

John

Hi John,

I found out a long time ago you can’t mix commands for a GoFlight unit between those assigned via the GoFlight program or FSUIPC and Pollypot GIT if you want the LEDs to light up. It’s all or nothing.

I have programmed my hardware for the PMDG737 using their SDK and a post here on your forum describing how to do it. It’s worked perfectly well for several years. I have other aircraft also programmed the same way but are far less complex than the PMDG.

A couple of switches or buttons have more than one command assigned to them which requires manual editing of the FSUIPC6.ini. Very powerful and rewarding. 😄

Of course it all means nothing when the DLL isn’t there! 🤣