The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 Window Opens when FSUIPC7 Loads

ark1320

I don't know what I did, but now when FSUPC7 loads, along with the flash screen, the FSUIPC7 assignment window shown below also opens. Does someone know if there is a setting somewhere that controls this? I looked but couldn't find anything. I never had this happen before. I am using 7.4.3a.

Thanks,

Al

image.png.40d556cc2c3016c23bc95f0b3dae3342.png

• ark1320 changed the title to FSUIPC7 Window Opens when FSUIPC7 Loads
17 minutes ago, bob34 said:

It's informing you there's a newer version. Seems to be confused with 3a and 3. 

Thanks for the reply. Ver 7.4.3a is an experimental version John gave me to try to fix a bug.

Al

Found the "problem"... apparently me.  Somehow the option to Open on Start was selected under the FSUJIPC7 Options drop-down menu. I don't know how that happened, it has been so long since I've looked at that menu I didn't recall there was an option to open the window on startup. 🙁

Al

2 hours ago, ark1320 said:

Found the "problem"... apparently me.  Somehow the option to Open on Start was selected under the FSUJIPC7 Options drop-down menu. I don't know how that happened, it has been so long since I've looked at that menu I didn't recall there was an option to open the window on startup. 🙁

It wasn't you. This option is set automatically when a new version of FSUIPC7 is available. You need to update to prevent the window opening on start-up.

5 minutes ago, kaha said:

I installed 7.4.4 but it is still opening on start and telling me that 7.4.4 is available for download. (it shows version 7.4.4a running).

Then you are still using 7.4.4a, the beta. I released 7.4.4 a short time ago, so you should update to this version.

1 minute ago, John Dowson said:
7 minutes ago, kaha said:

I installed 7.4.4 but it is still opening on start and telling me that 7.4.4 is available for download. (it shows version 7.4.4a running).

Then you are still using 7.4.4a, the beta. I released 7.4.4 a short time ago, so you should update to this version.

Oops, sorry - forgot to update the string version - I will correct. You will need to download and install again in a few minutes....

6 hours ago, John Dowson said:

It wasn't you. This option is set automatically when a new version of FSUIPC7 is available. You need to update to prevent the window opening on start-up.

That's interesting because I've never run into this before. Is the preference not to open on startup saved somewhere and so passed on to new FSUIPC7 installs? I looked at the top of the FSUIPC7.ini file but didn't see anything I recognized related to this. 

Thanks,

Al

39 minutes ago, ark1320 said:

Is the preference not to open on startup saved somewhere and so passed on to new FSUIPC7 installs? I looked at the top of the FSUIPC7.ini file but didn't see anything I recognized related to this. 

It is not there unless you manually check this option, or add it to the ini yourself. When FSUIPC7 detects a new version, it sets this flag (internally) and will always open on start-up until you update, but this is not saved to your ini, so once updated it will start-up iconized to your system tray as usual.

John

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@ark1320 & @kaha. I have added an option that will disable the opening of the FSUIPC7 main window all the time, even when a new version is available. To do this, add the following to the [General] section of your FSUIPC7.ini file:
    OpenOnStart=Never
Note however that this will not take effect until after the next release, 7.4.6, so if you add this now FSUIPC7 will still open when 7.4.6 is released,  but not for subsequent releases.

John

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1