The simFlight Network Forums

Trying to reset brake failure with keypress in FSUIPC

Hi Pete and John,

I noticed that one of my add-ons triggers random brake failures on my PMDG 747 in P3Dv5 (Unfortunately, I don't know yet which). It's not the PMDG failure from the FMC being triggered but rather the P3D failure from the Vehicle->Failures Menu. So I tried to use the Offset Byte ClrBits Command on the 063B offset with parameter 2 (to reset all brakes at once) but so far without success. If the offset is not working (?-SimE), is there another method to achieve this or am I simply applying the wrong command? Any help appreciated.

Regards draci

14 hours ago, draci said:

So I tried to use the Offset Byte ClrBits Command on the 063B offset with parameter 2 (to reset all brakes at once)

The offset is 0B63, not 063B, and a parameter of 2 will only clear bit 1 (2 = 2^1). To clear all three bits (0, 1 and 2), you need a parameter of 2^0+2^1+2^2 which is 7.

Any issues, try logging the contents of that offset to see the value before and after you send the command.

John

Dear John, thanks for your reply.

The 0B63 was just a typo, unfortunately also the parameter 7 has no effect. If I let the brakes fail in the P3D menu, the FSUIPC assigned key does not remove the failure.

Ok, the problem is resolved, using "toggle brakes failure left" and "toggle brakes failure right" WITHOUT the "toggle all brakes failure" does the trick: it resets the failure on both brakes. However, pressing the key a second time does NOT reactivate the failure, so it's not really toggling, but I don't mind, since for my purposes resetting the failure is all I need. Thanks anyway.

11 hours ago, draci said:

The 0B63 was just a typo, unfortunately also the parameter 7 has no effect. If I let the brakes fail in the P3D menu, the FSUIPC assigned key does not remove the failure.

As I said, for any issues you need to use logging to determine what is happening. Log the offset as U8, and also activate logging for Events and Buttons & Keys, and show me/attach your FSUIPC .log and .ini files.

9 hours ago, draci said:

Ok, the problem is resolved, using "toggle brakes failure left" and "toggle brakes failure right" WITHOUT the "toggle all brakes failure" does the trick: it resets the failure on both brakes. However, pressing the key a second time does NOT reactivate the failure, so it's not really toggling

Again, I would need to see your files with appropriate logging activated to see what is happening.