The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 4.971 Download

Hello,

It would appear from this post that FSUIPC 4.971 was the last version that ran on Windows XP.

I have a second computer running Windows XP and FSX and for old time's sake, I'd like to try and connect it to VATSIM using Swift as per these instructions.

Does anybody know if it's possible to get hold of FSUIPC 4.971? I have tried the Wayback Machine but it was not archived.

Thanks,

Caspian

35 minutes ago, chpmerlin said:

Does anybody know if it's possible to get hold of FSUIPC 4.971?

Older versions of FSUIPC are not available, and it is not possible for me to build a version of FSUIPC4 that old, and if I could, it would probably not be compatible with XP. No version of FSUIPC4 is supported on any version of Windows before Windows 7.

8 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Older versions of FSUIPC are not available, and it is not possible for me to build a version of FSUIPC4 that old, and if I could, it would probably not be compatible with XP. No version of FSUIPC4 is supported on any version of Windows before Windows 7.

Thanks for the response.

It'd appear that it was as a result of the first forum post I linked that the disclaimer was added saying no version of FSUIPC4 is supported on any pre-Windows 7 version of Windows - it looks like some people have had some joy running 4.971 on XP, supported or not, so I was curious if you / anyone had it kicking about. But if not, not to worry!

6 minutes ago, chpmerlin said:

it looks like some people have had some joy running 4.971 on XP, supported or not, so I was curious if you / anyone had it kicking about. But if not, not to worry!

As I said, I don't have it and cannot build this (FSUIPC4 was only added to source control at version 4.976), and if I did then I'm pretty sure it still won't work. The issue is with the build tools used to build the version, not the version itself.

Maybe someone has an old copy of 4.971 built with the tools at the time and can attach it for you...

John

13 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

The issue is with the build tools used to build the version, not the version itself.

Ahh, makes sense, I see what you mean.

14 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Maybe someone has an old copy of 4.971 built with the tools at the time and can attach it for you...

Fingers crossed...

Thanks again,

Caspian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...