The simFlight Network Forums

Phidgets and FSUIPC in Node JS

freddehboy

Hi

I am currently working on Node JS App with both the Phidgets and FSUIPC for FS2020 and theirs PMDG 737 for controlling a Motorized B737Throttle Quadrant 🙂

I am testing with a motor from phidgets and theirs Javascript API. Big progress ha ben made but now I need to send a FSUIPC commands for the app so I now how to program. I have got and installed the NPM package --> https://www.npmjs.com/package/fsuipc

I have not started with the FSUIPC part yet bu will do 🙂

Best regards Fredrik

Hmm sorry. *I was not so clear about that 😉

I am wondering if I can send a fake FSUIPC command from the FSUIPC server as if the command coms from FS2020?

Do you recommend a Websocker or the npm fsuipc package if working with Node js?

11 hours ago, freddehboy said:

I am wondering if I can send a fake FSUIPC command from the FSUIPC server as if the command coms from FS2020?

Sorry, but this is still not clear... What is a "fake command"? You send "commands", also known as events or controls, via assignments to keys presses, buttons or axes, or using lua or by writing to offsets. All controls go via the SimConnect API.

11 hours ago, freddehboy said:

Do you recommend a Websocker or the npm fsuipc package if working with Node js?

I have not used either, and am not sure what the 'npm fsuipc package' is...the WebSocket server will be the newer of the two, so maybe start with that...

John