The simFlight Network Forums

An error creating LVars

DaveSCUSA

I keep obtaining an error attempting to create an LVar. The error (in the FSUIPC7.log) is:   

429750  [ERROR]: Error: CDA with id=18 not found
   429750  [ERROR]: Error: CDA with id=0 not found
   429750  [ERROR]: Error: CDA with id=25 not found

A Google search returns: "There are no results for "[ERROR]: Error: CDA with id=0 not found"". A search on just "Error: CDA" returns no results except Canadian Dental Association.

In Lua, MSFS_Lua.lua is a function that creates a set of LVars for use to communicate with Air Manager (it has an variable subscriber that is executed upon change of a variable, including LVars). MSFS_Lua.lua also sets up several items used by the Add-on DA62 Mod.

I executed two flights in MSFS and included the FSUIPC7.log. The first flight is with a DA20 at the end of the runway (non-DA62). The second flight is the DA62 at the apron. This when the Error: CDA appears. Previously, I started a DA62 flight with the ipc.createlvars commented out. At first I was creating the LVars with ipc.createLvar("L:DA62_DI_Mode",false) but changed it to ipc.createLvar("L:DA62_DI_Mode", 0). Still the error.

Can you help?

Thanks

Another question please. Do you know of an MSFS variable for the location of an aircraft when starting a flight - Apron or Runway? Currently, I am setting the tail hook variable in the apron.cfg to on to differntiate.

MSFS_Lua.lua MSFS_Lua.log FSUIPC7.log FSUIPC7.ini

PS , I found the answer to the last question. In the system.cfg file, one can assign/create LVars. In the apron.flt file and/or runway.flt file, one can assign values to an LVar.

I can create the LVars there and not use the Lua to create the LVars. But, would like to know why the error.

You are using an old and unsupported version of FSUIPC7, 7.4.1.  Please update to the latest and only supported version, 7.4.6 and see if you get the same issue. If so, please re-attach your files. Please disable Log>Log Lua Separately and set Log->WAPI->Debug. and also attach your FSUIPC_WASM.log file.

14 hours ago, DaveSCUSA said:

A Google search returns: "There are no results for "[ERROR]: Error: CDA with id=0 not found"". A search on just "Error: CDA" returns no results except Canadian Dental Association.

Google is not going to help you with FSUIPC errors...

But are these errors actually causing any issues? I suspect that they are due to the fact that you are creating a lot of new lvars in succession and can safely be ignored. The line after these errors indicates that you have the lvars loaded successfully:

430469 Lvars received: 632 L:vars & 134 H:vars now available

If you want to remove the errors, you can add a small delay after you create each lvar (e.g. ipc.sleep(250)), to allow time for the updated lvar list to be passed back to FSUIPC,  or create all the lvars in one calculator code statement instead:

ipc.execCalcCode("0 (>L:DA62_Lt_Panel) 0 (>L:DA62_Lt_Flood) 0 (>L:DA62_Start_1) 0 (>L:DA62_Start_2) 0 (>L:DA62_Eng_1) 0 (>L:DA62_Eng_2) 0 (>L:DA62_Fuel_1) 0 (>L:DA62_Fuel_2) 0 (>L:DA62_AV) 0 (>L:DA62_Batt) 0 (>L:DA62_Alt1) 0 (>L:DA62_Alt2) 0 (>L:DA62_LPump) 0 (>L:DA62_RPump) 0 (>L:DA62_DI_Mode) 0 (>L:DA62_DI_Max) 0 (>L:DA62_DI_Alt)")

John