The simFlight Network Forums

On MSFS start, Wideclient button screen not available before first plane loaded because Wideserver is not started

LeoSchoonbroodt

Just now, LeoSchoonbroodt said:

About the 2 joystick devices those are not in use anymore and detached.

Ok, but just a good idea to remove these assignments at some point.

1 minute ago, LeoSchoonbroodt said:

At this moment i hesitate to make any changes that may complicate troubleshooting as it has always worked this way, but i definitely cleanup my ini file one of these days

Understood, but you should clean-up your profile aircraft names and this won't cause any issues, and will make sure a profile is loaded regardless of the aircraft livery being used.

Ahhh - I see the problem in your Schweizer.ini file - the button section has been trashed:

[Buttons]
Яљбн
Яљбн
Яљбн
Яљбн
Яљбн
Яљбн
Яљбн

Hope you have a backup...

This is worrying and I don't know what could have caused this....looks like a memory corruption error somewhere....I will investigate....

No button assignments in the Bell2206.ini, and the CabriG2.ini looks ok.

Please take a backup of all your ini files before anything else....

I think this may have been caused by an issue in the 7.4.7b release (a string termination was missing) that was fixed in the final release. The same issue could also prevent auto luas being started.

Please restore your buttons in your Schweizer.ini file (by backup, if possible) and continue testing. Post your files if you have an issue.

Its also strange that the lua auto issue has gone...

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

I think this may have been caused by an issue in the 7.4.7b release (a string termination was missing) that was fixed in the final release. The same issue could also prevent auto luas being started.

Please restore your buttons in your Schweizer.ini file (by backup, if possible) and continue testing. Post your files if you have an issue.

Its also strange that the lua auto issue has gone...

Restored all from Backup and had another testflight with latest version.
All worked normal so will continue flights with this versions logging enabled and will post the logfile if the problem happens again

cheers

Hi John,

Problem of clearing [Button] section still present. Did yesterday evening two flights which went well.

Today my first flight worked EXCEP: Buttons defined in FSUIPC.ini didn't work
In short: TEST 4
MSFS started
Aircraft Bell407 selected
Aircraft Bell407 loaded
ALL SEEMS TO WORK WELL EXCEPT: 
Buttonscreen buttons defined in FSUIPC7.ini NOT WORKING
ButtonScreen buttons captured by Bell407.lua WORK
CAUSE: [Buttons] section from FSUIPC.ini gone
MUST HAPPENED DURING FLIGHT AS:
Here still present
    63703 25912 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=6 (M), Btn=28, Pressed
    63703 25912 [Buttons] 1000=PM,28,C1003,31
    63703 25912 FSUIPC Control Action: Ctrl=1003, Param=31
At Ending Flight with Esc/End buttons from ButtonScreen (defined in FSUIPC7.ini) NO ACTION
Research found [Button] section missing from FSUIPC7.ini

Leo

FSUIPC7.ini FSUIPC7.log

1 hour ago, LeoSchoonbroodt said:

Problem of clearing [Button] section still present.

Ok, this is rather worrying... Looks slightly different than before as the [Button] section is now missing completely...

MSFS started
Aircraft Bell407 selected
Aircraft Bell407 loaded
ALL SEEMS TO WORK WELL EXCEPT: 

From the log, when started, the Schweizer S300CBi White was loaded (last aircraft from previous session), and then you then switched to the "Bell 407 Blue Stripes" before starting the flight. When you switched aircraft, or started the flight, was the FSUIPC button (or any) assignment window open by any chance? Did you open any assignment window at all during this test?

MUST HAPPENED DURING FLIGHT AS:
Here still present
    63703 25912 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=6 (M), Btn=28, Pressed
    63703 25912 [Buttons] 1000=PM,28,C1003,31
    63703 25912 FSUIPC Control Action: Ctrl=1003, Param=31

But that was even before the Bell was loaded, as was this one:

128797 25912 [Buttons] 1206=P69,7,Cx010066F0,x07

I dont think this can happen during a flight as the buttons section is not read or written during a flight - only updated/saved when you are in the Button assignments dialog, and only when OK is pressed. I presume this occurred at some point before the flight was started.

I will try and reproduce here. For future tests/flights (after restoring your FSUIPC7.ini), could you make a note of when you are using the FSUIPC UI, especially the assignments panels.

John,

Yes the Schweizer was from the last flight Yesterday evening and today i switched to the Bell407.

No Assignment window opened at all.

When i mention during flight i really meant to say "somewhere before end of the flight"

As i use only a few buttons from the buttonscreen which are captured by an Buttonevent in the lua script.
In the FSUIPC7.ini i mostly have buttons assigned which are used before any lua script is running and a few others seldom used ones.
So i found out at the end of the flight when i tried to end the flight with the Esc and End buttons from the buttonscreen who are defined in the FSUIPC7.ini

Is it a possibillity to make the FSUIPC7.ini and profile files ReadOnly which should then generate an error for a write attempt so we have an indication where it happens.
I realise i can't make any assignments then but this is anyway something i do only when modifying something?

2 minutes ago, LeoSchoonbroodt said:

Is it a possibillity to make the FSUIPC7.ini and profile files ReadOnly which should then generate an error for a write attempt so we have an indication where it happens.
I realise i can't make any assignments then but this is anyway something i do only when modifying something?

No, this is not possible as various sections of the ini are re-written quite a bit...far too often in fact.
I am adding some additional logging around the writing of the buttons section and will provide you an update version to use.

13 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Can you please use the attached version and send me the log again the next time this happens: FSUIPC7.exe

I will continue to test here to see if I can also reproduce...

John

OK, send you the log when it happens again, could take a while as yesterday a few flights were OK.

Leo

John,

I am sorry but also this last version has caused the [Buttona] section of the FSUIPC7.ini to be missing.
also here there is a button with line 1000 detected at the very begin but at the end the buttonsection was gone again.

I attached the FSUIPC&.ini and log files.
First flight with the H145 went well, then selecting the Cabri end at the end was missing the section again.

Leo

FSUIPC7.log FSUIPC7.ini

13 hours ago, LeoSchoonbroodt said:

Attached files were from last flight with previous version so don't know if they are of any value but attached them anyway.

This is an interesting log as it shows when the button section was written as empty:

295547 23992 Lvars/Hvars received - checking aircraft autos....
   295547 26480 Subscribed to InputEvents (50 found)
   295547 26480 Reloading assignments for Input Events....
   295547 26480 **** calling WriteButtonsBack(): after loading in GetButtonActions
   295547 26480 **** Writing [Buttons] section: 0 entries, 0 global
   295562 26480 Aircraft="Asobo Cabri G2"
   295594 26480 **** calling WriteButtonsBack(): after loading in GetButtonActions
   295594 26480 **** Writing [Buttons] section: 77 entries, 0 global

I am not sure why this is at the moment (I will investigate), but the reload performed here on reception of the Input Events is not strictly necessary, so I have removed this in the attached version. Please try this version attached below. I have also added a further check to not re-write the buttons section if empty.

John

FSUIPC7.exe

Will use version with Empty check,
Don't have a lot of time today but will report back as soon as something goes wrong or if all stays well probably tomorrow as by then i should have had enough starts to confidently say that it's fixed

cheers

I think I have found the root cause of this issue! Looks to be related to the new Input Event interface which is still rather flakey - there are already quite a few issues/bugs reported in this.
I have added further checks around this now which should prevent such issues Hopefully this will be the ;last beta and should prevent any issues.

I will probably release this tomorrow or Sunday, after further testing.

John

FSUIPC7.exe