The simFlight Network Forums

fsuipc 7.4.6 not linking profiles automatic to aircraft

2 hours ago, belgiumflightsimpilot said:

is it normal when using profiles, everytime you load an aircraft you have to go in the software an manual select the profile before the buttons become active?

No - profiles are selected automatically, you do not need to do anything. What are you actually doing - please explain.

General button assignments also apply to an aircraft in a profile, unless overwritten. When you open button assignments panel the profile-specifiic check-box is not checked, When you press a button, if there is a profile-specific assignment, then that will be shown and the profile-specific box will be checked. If not, and there is a general assignment, the assignment will be shown but the profile-specific box remains un-checked, as it is a general assignment and not profile-specific.

It works this way as all profiles inherit the general button assignments, unless overwritten, and the panel allows you to see both general and profile assignments, all those applicable to the current loaded aircraft.

If you think there is an issue, set logging for Buttons & Keys, open the logging console and you can see what is happening when you press the button. Any issues, show me/attach your FSUIPC7.ini and FSUIPC7.log files (with the aforementioned logging enabled and showing your issue).

15 hours ago, belgiumflightsimpilot said:

I have to reload the profile before I get the buttons to function.

There is no way to "reload a profile". Profiles are ALWAYS automatically loaded once an aircraft is loaded that is assigned to the profile. If an aircraft is loaded that is not assigned to a profile, you can attach this to an existing profile or create a new profile for it. So I presume you mean that you need to attach your aircraft to an existing profile before the buttons work....

If a profile isn't loaded, it is usually because an aircraft with a different name is loaded, usually due to not using substrings for you profile names and the aircraft is using a different livery. For example, in your ini, change this:

[Profile.Fenix-A320]
1=FenixA320_BELOOSNHCO4K
2=FenixA320_BELOOSND
3=FenixA320_LDA9HLORAL4K
4=FenixA320_DLHDAIZGAL4K
5=FenixA320_FINOHLXDRD4K
6=FenixA320_MYXESSALIZ
7=FenixA320_JZR9KCAJ_4K
8=FenixA320_BELOOSNLCO4K
9=FenixA320_AUAOELBKAL4K
10=FenixA320_TUIESSAAWKSD8KT
11=FenixA320_THYTCJLA_4K

12=FenixA320_IGOVTIHP_4K
13=FenixA320_BELOOSNO
14=FenixA320_EZYGEZTJAL4K
15=FenixA320_VUELING_ECJZQ
16=FenixA320_NKSN616NK

to this:

[Profile.Fenix-A320]
1=FenixA320

That will then load your Fenix profile for all aircraft that contain 'FenixA320' in the title. Do the same for all your aircraft profile names (i.e. shorten them to a substring).

Those Fenix aircraft names do look a bit strange though, but the other profile aircraft names look ok.

And if that is not your issue, please attach your log file with appropriate logging as previously advised. And as you are using profiles-in-separate-files, please attach the profile ini for the aircraft you are using, as well as your FSUIPC7.ini file again.

This also needs correcting in your FSUIPC7.ini:

[Buttons]
PollInterval=25
ButtonRepeat=20,10
IgnoreThese=D.12, D.13, D.21, D.22, D.23
2=PD,136,C0,0     -{Custom control: <0>}-
3=PD,138,C0,0     -{Custom control: <0>}-

This was probably caused by a bug in an earlier version of FSUIPC (sorry about that!), corrected now. I suspect that they were assignments to presets initially.

John

hi. I have the same issue, I put

[Profile.FenixA320]
1=FenixA320

but FSUIPC won't recognize this and I have to link the profile again for every single livery.
Don't know if it's an issue with FSUIPC or the v2 of the Fenix, but it use to work just fine a while ago.
I tried different lines, like "Fenix A320" or "FenixA320cfm" etc., but nothing seem to work.

After I link the aircraft (jn this case EC-LOP) to the profile via the FSUIPC window, the ini looks like this:

[Profile.FenixA320]
1=FenixA320
2=Fenix A320 - VLG EC-LOP

Any advice on how I set it to load the profile for any Fenix livery?
Thanks!

14 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

Any advice on how I set it to load the profile for any Fenix livery?

Try with

[Profile.FenixA320]
1=FenixA320
2=Fenix A320

Or if  the A320 is the only aircraft from Fenix that you have, you can use:

[Profile.FenixA320]
1=Fenix

John

• Thanks 1

On 3/3/2024 at 2:03 PM, John Dowson said:

Try with

[Profile.FenixA320]